No announcement yet.

Trading Bregman for Eloy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that deal fell apart and he is back trying to get Breggers and Nicky G. Maybe I can change it to Nick Gonzales and another prospect or two and keep Bregman.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      On which side? Jesus has fallen off a cliff, Ramon has not shown anything yet, and Watson is showing some signs of promises but has a k rate over 40% so far. It doesn't seem like a lot for four years of Eloy at a good cost (we have really high inflation in this league).
      Rest of season projections for each of Sanchez and Laureano individually are better than Eloy.
      Throw in a guy who was going 1st overall in a lot of FYPDs in the offseason. In a tiny sample last year he walked more than he struck out. He definitely needs to control the Ks but at the same time he's hitting bombs and stealing bases. He's just 19, I think he has a very bright future.

I don't put much future value in Eloy, he can't stay healthy. Does your league pay up for Adalberto Mondesi right now if he were on a 4 year contract? They seem similarly frail to me. Okay I'm exaggerating, but its similar. Eloy can't stay healthy. Projected talent if he were healthy is useless for me. I have no confidence that he's worth keeping at 25 the next 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Rest of season projections for each of Sanchez and Laureano individually are better than Eloy.
        Throw in a guy who was going 1st overall in a lot of FYPDs in the offseason. In a tiny sample last year he walked more than he struck out. He definitely needs to control the Ks but at the same time he's hitting bombs and stealing bases. He's just 19, I think he has a very bright future.

I don't put much future value in Eloy, he can't stay healthy. Does your league pay up for Adalberto Mondesi right now if he were on a 4 year contract? They seem similarly frail to me. Okay I'm exaggerating, but its similar. Eloy can't stay healthy. Projected talent if he were healthy is useless for me. I have no confidence that he's worth keeping at 25 the next 3 years.
        Got it. I guess I am blinded by the upside....I actually traded him to this owner when he was a rookie...I got the title, so no regrets, but I am a sucker for guys I had a traded before they blossomed. But to your point, he has had years to blossom and has not. He seems to be made of glass. And he doesn't walk, which hurts him in my league. If I had him the last couple of years and had to deal with these injuries, I am sure I'd want to get rid of him now, so why am I open to acquiring him? I don't really know. He did go two rounds earlier than Bregman in mixed Labr this year and his ADP was higher across the board. But the latest injury obviously changed that and there is no guarantee he actually comes back in June.

I will say that it is easier to carry an injured guy in my league as we have deep benches and 4 IL spots on top of that. Plus, I have depth so I'd be rolling with a good bat either way. In an Only league, I totally get comparing ROS projections, because replacement level is so low, but isn't it different in a mixed league, when you have good replacement options?

Comment

Should I deal Bregman and Gonzales for Eloy to flip him for Sanchez, Laureano, and Watson? Apparamtly, the eloy guy axed the other deal and the watson guy would still do that deal with me if I get Eloy.

Comment

Should I deal Bregman and Gonzales for Eloy to flip him for Sanchez, Laureano, and Watson? Apparamtly, the eloy guy axed the other deal and the watson guy would still do that deal with me if I get Eloy.
            I suspect Ken still thinks its a fleecing. I'd want to see more info....but honestly Watson alone would potentially get Bregman in some leagues. So without looking too much I also think it is a great deal
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I suspect Ken still thinks its a fleecing.
              You are correct Mr. Dickshot.

I would definitely do that.

Comment

Mr. Dickshot is dialed in
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Just to be clear, I should deal Bregman and Nick Gonzales for Jesus Sanchez, Ramin Laureano, and Kahlil Watson?

Comment

Just to be clear, I should deal Bregman and Nick Gonzales for Jesus Sanchez, Ramin Laureano, and Kahlil Watson?
                    I may have spoken in too much haste - I'd want to confirm contracts on all players ($ and years) and specific league rules - how does Watson's contract progress for example?

Comment

I may have spoken in too much haste - I'd want to confirm contracts on all players ($ and years) and specific league rules - how does Watson's contract progress for example?
                      Watson would be free until called up. Then he would be $5 for two years before he would have to be extended. Sanchez is $5 and would be need an extension after this year or I can keep him one more year at $5. Laureano is $13 for this year and next. I can also get Teoscar Hernandez at $9 for this year and next and Roderick Arias from the same owner who wants Eloy, which I think I prefer. I like Hernandez a lot more than Laureano and Sanchez, but we do not know how good Arias is yet. He seems to have Watson-like upside.
                      Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-11-2022, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I now have an offer from another owner--Tyler O'Neil $7, due extension after this year, and Robert Hassell for Eloy.

ETA: I did the Eloy did and then accepted this offer. I am hoping O'Neil comes around now that his arbitration case is settled. And I really like Hassell. I see him as a big upgrade over Nick Gonzales, and I hope Tyler puts up similar numbers to Bregman and is a cheaper keeper.
                        Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-11-2022, 08:35 PM.

Comment

I just traded O'neil for $9 Teoscar Hernandez on a two year deal. So, ended up trading two years of Bregman at $25 and Nick Gonzales for two years of Teoscar Hernadez at $9 and Robert Hassell. The whole Blue Jays line up has underperformed, but I think Hernandez et al turns it around.

Comment

Wow! I have to say I didn’t love the deals at first, but the $9 Teoscar at the end made it a winner for you! Nice save!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                              Wow! I have to say I didn’t love the deals at first, but the $9 Teoscar at the end made it a winner for you! Nice save!
                              Yeah, I may regret it long term if the few days off O'Neil is taking to work on his swing bears fruit and he ends up being what he was last year, but I just trust Teoscar more.

Comment

Working...
                              X