X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the Trout/Tatis trade:

6 Major: Tatis, India, Witt, Syndergaard, Manoah, Greene
    4 Minor: Rutschman, Baty, Rodriguez, Espino

I'm trying to get Gilbert $4 and Riley Greene $1 for Perez plus something. He's got Raleigh, Heim, and Melendez at C. Greene would replace Espino as my 4th minor.

If I trade Perez for Hader/Bednar, then Hader would replace Greene as my 6th major.

Am I picking the right 6 and 4 for now?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
      After the Trout/Tatis trade:

6 Major: Tatis, India, Witt, Syndergaard, Manoah, Greene
      4 Minor: Rutschman, Baty, Rodriguez, Espino

I'm trying to get Gilbert $4 and Riley Greene $1 for Perez plus something. He's got Raleigh, Heim, and Melendez at C. Greene would replace Espino as my 4th minor.

If I trade Perez for Hader/Bednar, then Hader would replace Greene as my 6th major.

Am I picking the right 6 and 4 for now?
      I would be looking to upgrade Thor and Baty. Your other keepers are all great. If you can get Gilbert and Greene for Perez, that seems like a great return to me. Do NOT bump Espino, who is likely a top 15 prospect by year's end--you arguably have the top two pitching prospects right now. Bump Baty who is meh. Also, do not bump Hunter Greene, bump Thor. Hunter is not showing it yet, but long term, I think he will be better than Thor for you.

Comment

Of this group, I would only look to replace Syndergaard & Espino. Otherwise, this is a pretty damned good group and should give you a leg up if you draft correctly.

What you can do now is upgrade. Maybe take a non-keeper like Perez & move him with India or Greene for a much better keeper? Or Perez + Baty for a much better MLer?

What keepers & MLers does the guy who wanted Perez have?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I would be looking to upgrade Thor and Baty. Your other keepers are all great. If you can get Gilbert and Greene for Perez, that seems like a great return to me. Do NOT bump Espino, who is likely a top 15 prospect by year's end--you arguably have the top two pitching prospects right now. Bump Baty who is meh. Also, do not bump Hunter Greene, bump Thor. Hunter is not showing it yet, but long term, I think he will be better than Thor for you.
          Definitely Thor.

If you can get Riley Greene I'd take Baty and Espino and look for an even better prospect. I'd hate to put too much stock into young pitching, having 1 like G-Rod makes sense. But having 3/4 of your prospects as pitchers and catchers isn't very attractive to me. TINSTAAPP

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Definitely Thor.

If you can get Riley Greene I'd take Baty and Espino and look for an even better prospect. I'd hate to put too much stock into young pitching, having 1 like G-Rod makes sense. But having 3/4 of your prospects as pitchers and catchers isn't very attractive to me. TINSTAAPP
            Normally, I agree, but Rodriguez is the top pitching prospect and Espino may soon be. I would not just toss back Espino. I'd wait for the midseason lists where he should rise substantially (even though he just went on the IL with a knee thing), and try to deal him, and if I could not get a great return, I would keep him, at least until your league's perception of him rises to where he talent is--in the conversation for the #1 pitching prospect in baseball once Rodriguez graduates the list. In addition to upgrading Thor, as Revo said, upgrading India makes sense too. He is good, but when only keeping 6, you can get better.

Comment

Normally, I agree, but Rodriguez is the top pitching prospect and Espino may soon be. I would not just toss back Espino. I'd wait for the midseason lists where he should rise substantially (even though he just went on the IL with a knee thing), and try to deal him, and if I could not get a great return, I would keep him, at least until your league's perception of him rises to where he talent is--in the conversation for the #1 pitching prospect in baseball once Rodriguez graduates the list. In addition to upgrading Thor, as Revo said, upgrading India makes sense too. He is good, but when only keeping 6, you can get better.
              BA released updated list today....Espino was around 20 if I recall
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Normally, I agree, but Rodriguez is the top pitching prospect and Espino may soon be.
                Even the "top" pitching prospect or 2nd best are dubious.

We have years of Nate Pearson, Forrest Whitley, Alex Reyes, Archie Bradley, Jeremy Hellickson, Brian Matusz, Matt Moore, Julio Teheran types filling those spots. Obviously you have the guys who turned out better - Michael Kopech, Lucas Giolito, Julio Urias, etc.

But I don't think that being the top pitching prospect absolves these guys of very high risk - both in terms of injury and adjustments to mlb hitters.

I'd rather have a similarly valued hitting prospect occupy the majority of my minor league keeper lists. Given this list I'd trade a pitching prospect for a similar hitting prospect.

Comment

I agree with Ken. In fact, I'd even think about dealing Rutschman for a great hitting, non-catcher prospect

Comment

The Gilbert/Greene owner has Bichette $19/3rd year, Austin Riley $18/1st year, Lux $3, Urshela $3, Bader $5, Mullins $1, Marsh $5, Kelenic $4/1st year, Melendez $3, Royce Lewis $1, Tajuan Walker $5, and Urias $22.

The Hader/Bednar owner has Schwarber $11/1st year, Marte $10/3rd year, Justin Turner $16, Semien $16/4th year, Beer $1, and Houck $13.

The LeMahieu owner has Schwindel $15, Chapman $21Walsh $14, Suzuki $16, Verlander $8, Bumgarner $5, Musgrove $14/2nd year, Taylor Rogers $13, Trevor Rogers $21, %groome $10, Soto $7, Strasburg $3, and Sale $27.

What offer for Perez should I make?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
                      The Gilbert/Greene owner has Bichette $19/3rd year, Austin Riley $18/1st year, Lux $3, Urshela $3, Bader $5, Mullins $1, Marsh $5, Kelenic $4/1st year, Melendez $3, Royce Lewis $1, Tajuan Walker $5, and Urias $22.

The Hader/Bednar owner has Schwarber $11/1st year, Marte $10/3rd year, Justin Turner $16, Semien $16/4th year, Beer $1, and Houck $13.

The LeMahieu owner has Schwindel $15, Chapman $21Walsh $14, Suzuki $16, Verlander $8, Bumgarner $5, Musgrove $14/2nd year, Taylor Rogers $13, Trevor Rogers $21, %groome $10, Soto $7, Strasburg $3, and Sale $27.

What offer for Perez should I make?
                      Rank all those guys in terms of value and start sending offers from the top of the list down. Try to focus on obtaining the highest value keepers you can....quality over quantity
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Forget Gilbert, he's going to cost and arm and a leg now. But Kelenic at $4 could be had pretty easily, I'd bet.

Part of the problem is you're listing guys who are close to going off the cliff or have already. Bumgarner? JTurner? Schwindel? Strasburg? These guys should not be of any concern to you. If you want the RJ guys to be of any help to you, you have to list players who are relevant to a dump trade, not 39-year old has-beens.

Comment

The guys that are at $20 or less on Greene's roster - France $17, Riley, Bichette, Lux, Urshela, Bader, Mullins, Marsh, Dom Smith $5, Kyle Lewis $4, Taj Walker $5Gilbert, Bundy $5

The Hader owner - Schwarber, Marte, Semien, Turner, Nicky Lopez $13, Soler $11, Beer, Gibson $1, Wainwright $9/1st year (who I traded for Baty), Mikolas $5, Lorenzen $10, Kuechel $5, Kellar $2, Houck, Ed Cabrera $1

The LeMahieu owner - Polanco $11/1st year, Choi $10, Ozuna $12, Straw $9, Rosario $3, Haniger $17

Since TINSTAAPP, should I drop Miller for a hitting prospect?

Comment

Greene is imploding rapidly, he may need more seasoning. That's expected, although at $10 not sure he's a worthy keeper with just 6 keepers. This is also why you need to gather more than you need, in case these guys backfire.

Also, being cheap doesn't equate to being good.

Comment

Yeah, I'd rather have Hader at this point over Hunter Greene, despite the fact that I'd try to avoid keeping any closer with only 6 keepers.

Comment

New offer: Balazovic $1 and Hader for Varsho and Baty

I know nothing about Balazovic.

Comment

Working...
                                X