SCOTUS about to overturn Roe v. Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCOTUS about to overturn Roe v. Wade

Politico has gotten its hands on a leaked decision from SCOTUS overturning Roe v Wade

Maybe they can strike down Civil Rights Act of 1964 while they at it. That'd really Make America Great Again! Heck lets abolish the ERA while we're at it and call it a day.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

They will be able to attack contraceptive use, same sex marriage, and interracial marriage on the same basis (due process under the 14th Amendment).

States will be able to force women to bear the children of their rapists or those conceived from incest. Good luck to women in red states.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

And now a barricade has been put up around the SCOTUS because why? It's the Anti Abortionists who've always been the violent ones--maybe to keep the Pro Lifer Party from spilling over into the chambers?
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

America is crumbling so rapidly. Fucking terrifying.

Waiting for Trump '24. What a nightmare.

Oh, and a hearty "fuck you" to RBG and her supporters for allowing her to stay on the bench til death. Craven monsters. Another "fuck you" to Susan Collins for supporting Kavanagh's confirmation on the basis that he considered Roe settled law.

Also, the drunk grabass and the Evangelical psycho were both involved in stealing the white house with the original insurrection in 2000. The next chud ininsurrection could be successful.

Pack the SC and neuter it. Any other suggestions?
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Ah, the GOP. Always concerned about the sanctity of life…until the kid is born. Then it’s time to for that little shit to pull himself up by his bootstraps and get to work. Don’t be looking for any help because if you’re really a good red-blooded Murikan, you’ll rise to the top with your inherent Murikan greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              They will be able to attack contraceptive use, same sex marriage, and interracial marriage on the same basis (due process under the 14th Amendment).

States will be able to force women to bear the children of their rapists or those conceived from incest. Good luck to women in red states.
              It's now a class issue. Rich women will continue to have access to abortion, poor women won't.

But hey, maybe if everyone bands together and elects another do-nothing, maintain the staus quo type of Democrat, the country won't devolve into civil war?

I'm black-pilled. Anything that accelerates bringing 10-15% of the country into the streets in protest is a good thing. 28% of the country is behind on their utility bills, and Biden has been stacking that interest on student loan repayment, up from $1.6T to $1.9T in just a few years. The collateral damage is staggering.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

My wife is not at all surprised, and while part of me saw this inevitable, I still can't help but be floored at how regressive this is. Collins went so hard on the idea that Kavanaugh would never vote this way. How shocking that someone who could easily vote contrary to statements made while trying to be confirmed ended up voting in a way that was clearly consistent with his ideology! I will never understand RBG staying on when this outcome seemed inevitable if she did.

Going back to the "would you live in a red state" discussion, most things are not impactful enough to make it a total deal breaker, but this certainly is. I can't imagine being a woman who had the option of moving staying in a state that made illegal all abortion. And cue the massive increase in crime rates in a couple of decades when all the unwanted, uncared for children that get forced into the system. This is what a lot of people voted for, and they must be overjoyed right now. Trump will definitely be taking credit for it and it could very well propel him to a 2024 comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  My wife is not at all surprised, and while part of me saw this inevitable, I still can't help but be floored at how regressive this is. Collins went so hard on the idea that Kavanaugh would never vote this way. How shocking that someone who could easily vote contrary to statements made while trying to be confirmed ended up voting in a way that was clearly consistent with his ideology! I will never understand RBG staying on when this outcome seemed inevitable if she did.

Going back to the "would you live in a red state" discussion, most things are not impactful enough to make it a total deal breaker, but this certainly is. I can't imagine being a woman who had the option of moving staying in a state that made illegal all abortion. And cue the massive increase in crime rates in a couple of decades when all the unwanted, uncared for children that get forced into the system. This is what a lot of people voted for, and they must be overjoyed right now. Trump will definitely be taking credit for it and it could very well propel him to a 2024 comeback.
                  There are apparently several states who have abortion 'trigger' laws, that should roe ever be overturned--Abortion becomes completely illegal in that state.

We used to think Idiocracy was fiction, looks like it's that with a nice helping of Handmaids tale. All set in Leave it to Beaver-land.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                    America is crumbling so rapidly. Fucking terrifying.

Waiting for Trump '24. What a nightmare.

Oh, and a hearty "fuck you" to RBG and her supporters for allowing her to stay on the bench til death. Craven monsters. Another "fuck you" to Susan Collins for supporting Kavanagh's confirmation on the basis that he considered Roe settled law.

Also, the drunk grabass and the Evangelical psycho were both involved in stealing the white house with the original insurrection in 2000. The next chud ininsurrection could be successful.

Pack the SC and neuter it. Any other suggestions?
                    100% in agreement with ALL of this. RGB had too much ego and assumed that she could beat cancer and live for another 30 years. Look how that turned out.

My only hope is that this produces a tidal wave of Blue in the Mid-Terms. Vote the fuckers out and expand the Court...they've already proven they're essentially a branch of the GOP.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

My fuck you pile also includes the “both parties are the same” fools as well as the never-Hillary progressives. Look what you have wrought.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        My fuck you pile also includes the “both parties are the same” fools as well as the never-Hillary progressives. Look what you have wrought.
                        "Never-Hillary progressives" are a fucking myth! I'm the most hard-core progressive here, and even I would have voted Hillary! Stop buying the party line, hook and sinker.

Comment

"Never-Hillary progressives" are a fucking myth! I'm the most hard-core progressive here, and even I would have voted Hillary! Stop buying the party line, hook and sinker.
                          GITH was one, no?

Comment

Look, man. I don't really ever buy what you're selling in these threads and right now is no different. Bernie bros voted for Trump at a rate of more than 1 in 10 (12% or so). Their numbers were easily enough to sway the election and, in fact, did just that.

Yes, Bernie Sanders supporters who voted for President Trump could have cost Hillary Clinton the election. But then, about the same share of Republican primary voters defected to Clinton.

But, I mean, the primary issue here is the takeover of the Christian nationalists and the tyranny of the minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              GITH was one, no?
                              Yep, Still am, but as I have said repeatedly--agree or not--It's not the never Hillary voters fault, it's the weak ass democrats who tolerate other weak ass democrats selecting nominees. Both HRC and Biden were shit choices but at least Biden wasn't an unethical liar so he got my vote.

Put the blame where it should lie, the GOP and Conservative Christians who's sold their soul to appease Trump and the weak ass democrats who never use their offices in a manner that gets things done. If no one is held accountable for Jan 6th, it will be because the Dems are weak, worried more about re-election than justice and accountability. Someone just said RBG should have resigned when Obama was in office, is that the never Hillary voters fault too? Obama NOT nominating Garland and forcing the issue--never HRC voters fault?

How many Repubs in here saw the GOP falling in lockstep behind Trump? How many centrist Dems? Hell even progressives thought the GOP had more backbone than they have displayed over the past 6 years.

But yeah, spout off about integrity and then blast those who stood for it and voted their conscience.
                              Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 05-03-2022, 11:50 AM.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X