• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    What color is that?
    Didn't we already do this?

And plaid.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Inspiring stuff. So many of us consume content but don't put the work into creating, but you did. It is impressive how much you learned and put together on your own. BTW, who are you in the video--what part are you in?

P.S. Always a good plan to have attractive women stand in for you in a music video .
      I serve the food at the table. Yeah, I don't need to be on camera any more than that, ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
        Well, let's see... for those of you who remember me from dropping in here over the years, I'm a 51-yr-old Design Exec at IBM. Been playing guitar since I was 30. Written a handful of songs over the years. During the pandemic I started taking lessons again and wanted to learn to play and write my own lead parts, so I started playing around in garageband recording songs to play along with.

I discovered that I really enjoyed the editing/arranging/writing thing. I bought a bass and started writing bass lines. I got a keyboard and started playing around with that. I started hiring musicians on Fiverr to play things I can't play (harmonica, fiddle, backup vocals). And I programmed all the drums in Garageband.

I shared a few demos with a friend who's an accomplished musician (frontman of the Deathray Davies, a band I love) who also works as a sound engineer. He offered to re-do all of my drums and work on the mix, and that was that. We collaborated on the rest of the songs, and had a blast doing it. I also got the lead guitarist of the Old 97's to play on two songs (we're old friends).

So for most of the songs, it's me on vocals, acoustic, electric, bass, and keys. John has a few parts here and there too. But that's it. It's been a lot of fun.

Now I'm trying to put together a full band to play live. Fingers crossed.
        Good stuff. I can hear the Replacements sound as TW said. Definitely a Mid West feel to it.

I saw the Deathray Davies once, long time ago, bought their first album. That's really nice to have Ken play lead on a few songs. That must've been really exciting.

Keep it up!
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
          I serve the food at the table. Yeah, I don't need to be on camera any more than that, ha.
          I suspected as much, but it did not jive with you saying you were 51. You look like you could pass for in your 30s!

Comment

Working...
          X