Trading for Kyle Tucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading for Kyle Tucker

I have an offer on the table where I get Kyle Tucker, who just got an extension to $25 for five years, for my Teoscar Hernandez $9 for two years, Cristian Javier $5, extension due next year, Emmanuel Clase $5, extension due next year, and Kahlil Watson. The extra years for Tucker are obviously valuable, but given the prices, it seems to me like I am giving a bit too much. Is it, or should I pony up to lock up Tucker for the next half decade?

4 for 1. Who are the players coming back to even out rosters? Any value there?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      4 for 1. Who are the players coming back to even out rosters? Any value there?
      Not in my 14 team league--he is tossing back Tanner Scott and Leody Taveras. I tried swapping out Javier or Clase for Pagan, but he won't go for it. However, I suspect I can get him to include Miles Mikolas or Chad Kuhl.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I have an offer on the table where I get Kyle Tucker, who just got an extension to $25 for five years, for my Teoscar Hernandez $9 for two years, Cristian Javier $5, extension due next year, Emmanuel Clase $5, extension due next year, and Kahlil Watson. The extra years for Tucker are obviously valuable, but given the prices, it seems to me like I am giving a bit too much. Is it, or should I pony up to lock up Tucker for the next half decade?
        That seems too much to give up
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think you're giving up way too much.

Comment

What if I offer him 3 of the 4 and hold the line there? He would give up on Clase before the others.

Comment

Pass. Teoscar and Tucker have similar value, and Tucker @ $25 is probably not too far off from his max salary value. But Teoscar at $9 is a huge bargain, plus a closer, plus a potential starter.....no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Pass. Teoscar and Tucker have similar value, and Tucker @ $25 is probably not too far off from his max salary value. But Teoscar at $9 is a huge bargain, plus a closer, plus a potential starter.....no chance.
                We keep 15 plus 20 minor leaguers and $400 instead of $260, so there is massive inflation (close to 100%)...all the players are way under what they would go for in the auction.

Comment

We keep 15 plus 20 minor leaguers and $400 instead of $260, so there is massive inflation (close to 100%)...all the players are way under what they would go for in the auction.
                  So Tucker would go for 60 or 65 at auction ? That makes it a better offer. I would consider it depending on the rest of your roster, whether you are trying to win this year etc. But for sure try to pull one of your guys from the deal or get something added on the other side
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    So Tucker would go for 60 or 65 at auction ? That makes it a better offer. I would consider it depending on the rest of your roster, whether you are trying to win this year etc. But for sure try to pull one of your guys from the deal or get something added on the other side
                    I agree with this. Depends on the rest of your roster, but if you can get another piece back or pull Clase back, I'd be tempted.

I've also heard Watson is struggling a bit, so maybe dealing now before his value falls is a smart play.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Yeah, both Tucker and Hernandez would go for in the 60s. I am definitely trying to win this year and the Tucker owner is a rival contender. But half my keepers are done after next year, so snagging a longterm 1st rd talent for five years is tempting. He will not budge on his ask, but is willing to give kuhl and mikolas back.

Comment

Yeah, both Tucker and Hernandez would go for in the 60s. I am definitely trying to win this year and the Tucker owner is a rival contender. But half my keepers are done after next year, so snagging a longterm 1st rd talent for five years is tempting. He will not budge on his ask, but is willing to give kuhl and mikolas back.
                        Unless it is a shallow league where Javier/Clase don't have much value, I think you are helping your rival a lot more than you are helping yourself.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Unless it is a shallow league where Javier/Clase don't have much value, I think you are helping your rival a lot more than you are helping yourself.
                          14 teams, but deep, 30 man rosters, 4 IL, 20 man minors. It definitely helps him more this year. Long term, 5 years of Tucker is very tempting. I guess it comes down to how much faith in javier and clase I should have. I like Javier, but I fear he gets bumped by mccullers eventually. I am rooting for karinchak over clase, because of the k rate disparity, but the consensus is Clase is elite, it seems.

Comment

It’s a very tempting offer, imo. Another small piece, perhaps a solid minor leaguer, coming your way and I’d do it.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                            X