Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    1883 is blowing me away. Ive never seen Yellowstone. That's gotta be next, eh?
    That's what we did. Locked into 1883, loved it then binged Yellowstone.

Now we wait for 1923, the follow up of 1883 and additional prequel to Yellowstone (which should be excellent next season as well)
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Black Bird on Apple TV is really well done, and creepy AF. Not as good as Mindhunter, but same sort of vibe.
      Just started this one. 1st episode was very good.

Finished "The Terminal List" on Amazon with Chris Pratt. Very enjoyable.

Comment

• The Bear on Hulu

Recommended by Daniel@RJ.

Thank YOU Mr. Devereaux!
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          The Bear on Hulu

Recommended by Daniel@RJ.

Thank YOU Mr. Devereaux!
          Agree, it was pretty good.

Comment

• We just finished the 17th season of America's Got Talent. It was the best season yet.

Lot's of smiles, and jaw dropping moments. Very entertaining show.

Comment

• I just finished up season 2 of Primal Gendy Tartakovsky masterwork of a show. It looks like this season will be the last, which I get, but also lament. If you have not seen this and have access to it on HBO, it is one of the most spectacular shows I've ever seen. It is a master-class in wordless storytelling, and I hope that comment does not scare any of you off.

Has anyone else seen it? It is amazing.

ETA: GT is the guy who created Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack, and worked on the Powerpuff Girls and the Animated Star Wars Clone Wars series, so you have a sense of his other work. Primal is much more brutal and ambitious than anything else he has done. Great stuff.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-20-2022, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Cobra Kai Season 5

Love this show.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Mrs. Gregg and I have watched 4 episodes (of 8) of Wednesday...WOW!!

Tim Burton's version of Wednesday Addams is awesome. Casting is great, special effects, filming, story line all wonderful. This is just a fun ride without losing too much of the feel for the original Addams Family.

I really did not expect much, now it is must see TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Mrs. Gregg and I have watched 4 episodes (of 8) of Wednesday...WOW!!

Tim Burton's version of Wednesday Addams is awesome. Casting is great, special effects, filming, story line all wonderful. This is just a fun ride without losing too much of the feel for the original Addams Family.

I really did not expect much, now it is must see TV.
                    my kids got us watching it and we're all enjoying it after about 4 episodes as well. It was right up my kids' alley - they love Nightmare before Christmas, Corpse Bride and such, but I was surprised my wife liked it as much as she did.

Comment

Mrs. Gregg and I have watched 4 episodes (of 8) of Wednesday...WOW!! Tim Burton's version of Wednesday Addams is awesome. Casting is great, special effects, filming, story line all wonderful. This is just a fun ride without losing too much of the feel for the original Addams Family. I really did not expect much, now it is must see TV.
                      I was an Addams Family fan, so gave this a go. I almost did not stick with it when I thought it was trying to be Harry Potterish with the boat race, but I am glad I did. That 4th episode is amazing. Jenna Ortega is a marvel. I hadn't realized I have seen her before (Scream 2022), but this definitely put her on my radar. She had big shoes to fill, but she totally nails it. That dance scene was unbeliavable. Most of the cast is top notch.
                      Nice touch including Ricci in there. I didn't even recognize her until I looked up what role she played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I was an Addams Family fan, so gave this a go. I almost did not stick with it when I thought it was trying to be Harry Potterish with the boat race, but I am glad I did. That 4th episode is amazing. Jenna Ortega is a marvel. I hadn't realized I have seen her before (Scream 2022), but this definitely put her on my radar. She had big shoes to fill, but she totally nails it. That dance scene was unbeliavable. Most of the cast is top notch.
                        Nice touch including Ricci in there. I didn't even recognize her until I looked up what role she played.
                        That dance scene was amazing. Mrs. Gregg's favorite scene by far so far.

I did not recognize Ricci either. I had to have a little help with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          I almost did not stick with it when I thought it was trying to be Harry Potterish with the boat race, but I am glad I did.
                          During the boat race I literally said "look it's Harry Potter!"

Comment

That dance scene was amazing. Mrs. Gregg's favorite scene by far so far. I did not recognize Ricci either. I had to have a little help with that.
                            I was so impressed by it, I Googled who choreographed it. It turns out Burton gave complete autonomy to Ortega for that scene. She researched old Fosse stuff and 80s goth dances. She was only told the song selection a week before and she put it together in a couple of days on her own, while also spending much of those days learning cello and German, and she had COVID the day they shot it.

Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-30-2022, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              During the boat race I literally said "look it's Harry Potter!"
                              Yeah, another thing that worried me is that it would get all Twilighty with the werwolves and vampires, but thankfully, they are really just minor set pieces so far. The show reminds me, in some ways, of Veronica Mars, which my wife and I were really into.

Comment

T I did not recognize Ricci either. I had to have a little help with that.
                                haven't seen her naked around here in ages.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X