Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Any 30 Rock fans? I've watched 1st season while on COVID quarantine. It's pretty funny, though not sure how well it'll hold up in subsequent seasons.
    I was a fan when it was on, but it wasn't "must see TV" for me. Definitely some good episodes and moments though.

Comment

• NCIS Hawaii is NOT Exceelent TV.

I liked Hawaii Five O, this is not that. Maybe at best Hawaii Five O light...very light. The characters are not likeable. Some are annoying. Even the beauty of the Islands are not enough to make me come back.

La Brea is NOT Exceelent TV either.

With the exception of Natalie Zea I don't really care for the other characters. Unlikeable characters, combined with bad acting and bad special effects do not make for exceelent TV.

I might give this one more episode to see if it gets better. But if Mrs. Gregg wants to pass I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Comment

• For some reason I saw the pilot of La Brea, not sure why. I barely even watch TV and for some weird reason I was like, "hey, maybe this is kinda like Lost." It was so, so, so, so bad. At one point after getting sucked into the Land of the Lost, sans sleestacks or Chaka, some character says something like "wow, this is like an episode of Lost!" I bailed shortly thereafter. It was brutal in every way.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Loki is the best of the new Marvel TV shows, all of which have been exceelent, imo. Looking forward to the finale tomorrow. Hope to check out Spandex Johansen, aka Black Widow, in the near future, too.
          What If? has been really exceelent so far, too, with the exception of one Thor-based episode. They are really teeing up the next phase of the Marvel really well and I can't wait to see the next multiverse movies that flesh it out more.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            For some reason I saw the pilot of La Brea, not sure why. I barely even watch TV and for some weird reason I was like, "hey, maybe this is kinda like Lost." It was so, so, so, so bad. At one point after getting sucked into the Land of the Lost, sans sleestacks or Chaka, some character says something like "wow, this is like an episode of Lost!" I bailed shortly thereafter. It was brutal in every way.
            No Sleestacks? Yeah, that would suck.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• My son advised me to watch "The Squid Game" on Netflix and through 2 episodes, it's been great.

I've checked out a few others of late to watch with my family (I'm cool like that):

- Doom Patrol (HBO) - good, went off the rails a bit in Season 2, but back now for Season 3. My impatient 11-year old watches this without me, so hopefully I'll get to it soon.
              - Nine Perfect Strangers (Hulu) - 1st episode didn't grab me despite the other-worldly cast. Not sure I'm going back.
              - Only Murders in the Building (Hulu) - same as above, although this gets a perfect 100% on RT. I'll go back for episode 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                My son advised me to watch "The Squid Game" on Netflix and through 2 episodes, it's been great.

I've checked out a few others of late to watch with my family (I'm cool like that):

- Doom Patrol (HBO) - good, went off the rails a bit in Season 2, but back now for Season 3. My impatient 11-year old watches this without me, so hopefully I'll get to it soon.
                - Nine Perfect Strangers (Hulu) - 1st episode didn't grab me despite the other-worldly cast. Not sure I'm going back.
                - Only Murders in the Building (Hulu) - same as above, although this gets a perfect 100% on RT. I'll go back for episode 2.
                Squid game is awesome.

Ep. 1 is great, although the previews give a lot of it away.
                The episodes in the middle are okay - a bit predictable.
                The ending episodes are great, it lives up to the hype.

Comment

• I can't believe that nobody has posted about Brockmire yet ... we just stumbled across it & watched the first three episodes ... Hank Azaria is, well, check it out ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    I can't believe that nobody has posted about Brockmire yet ... we just stumbled across it & watched the first three episodes ... Hank Azaria is, well, check it out ...

First few seasons are great. The last season, well......

Comment

My son advised me to watch "The Squid Game" on Netflix and through 2 episodes, it's been great.

Mrs. ITC and I are really enjoying Only Murders in the Building. Good star power, and it does some nice twists and turns. I'm amazed I like it as Martin Short is not someone I usually enjoy.
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

We watched this.

You didn't miss much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          We watched this.

You didn't miss much.
                          Thank you for saving me some time!

Comment

• Dexter returned with "Dexter: New Blood" and the first episode was soundly meh. The new surrounding cast seemed unlikable, Deb returns from the dead as the ghost who now follows him along (like his dad in the original series), and the baddie he offs in the first episode didn't seem all that "bad." Good to have it back, but let's hope it gets better.

Comment

Dexter returned with "Dexter: New Blood" and the first episode was soundly meh. The new surrounding cast seemed unlikable, Deb returns from the dead as the ghost who now follows him along (like his dad in the original series), and the baddie he offs in the first episode didn't seem all that "bad." Good to have it back, but let's hope it gets better.
                              You're nicer than me. That first episode was pretty bad, IMO....
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                You're nicer than me. That first episode was pretty bad, IMO....
                                Yet amazingly, it got an 8.2 on IMDB. I was pretty surprised by that rating.

Comment

Working...
                                X