No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godfather of Harlem season 2 began last night on Epix. Season 1 was awesome, and while I was hoping for Season 2, I didn't realize they filmed it already. Huzzah!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Godfather of Harlem season 2 began last night on Epix. Season 1 was awesome, and while I was hoping for Season 2, I didn't realize they filmed it already. Huzzah!
      yeah I saw this pop up in my notifications ... cool. But we just started watching Yellowstone last night ...
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I don't know if anyone mentioned City on A Hill yet.

My wife and I are about 5 or 6 episodes into season one. We are really liking it. Kevin Bacon is making good use of his slapable face. Very interesting character.

Good period piece from 1989 based on a true crime case in Boston. I don't remember the case and I am not reading up on it as I want to watch in unfold. Great acting, filming is fantastic. Feels like we are back in 1989.

Comment

• Checked out "Gangs of London" on AMC - -wowowowowow. What a first episode! Actually, probably the craziest opening scene to a series that I can remember. I don't know if it will remain to be exceeelent, but the first episode sure was!

Also checked out the reboot of Wipeout on TBS. I didn't think they could botch a show like Wipeout, but they did. All the fun from the John Henson-John Anderson days was sucked out of it, somehow.

Comment

• The Handmaid’s Tale just keeps getting better and better and better. At this point, I would absolutely put this in my top 10 shows of all time.

Comment

• If you’re a Marvel fan, M.O.D.O.K. on Hulu is hysterical.

Comment

• Last Man Standing conluded their 9 year run with a two hour finale last night. I think they did a nice job of saying thank you and goodbye.

We enjoyed the whole run all 194 episodes. We were glad when Fox picked it up. It gave us another 3 years. I think they went out on time and gracefully. No shark jumping with this one. Baxter Out.

Comment

• I rewatched Band of Brothers with my 14-year old and it's just as good as it was 20 (gulp) years ago. Interesting to see Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender & James McAvoy in small roles.

I'm now rewatching The Pacific and it's a little better than I remembered it, although not nearly as good as BoB. I knew Rami Malek was in this pre-Mr. Robot, but didn't realize Toby Leonard Moore ("Billions") also had a sizable role.

Comment

• Apple Plus’s 1971 is most exceelent

Comment

• the nevers

Comment

• If you are, or were ever, a professional wrestling fan, Vice’s “Dark Side of the Ring” is for you. Three seasons, each episode is a documentary about a wrestler or subject, from Owen Hart to Dynamite Kid to the Montreal Screwjob. Pure exceelence.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          If you are, or were ever, a professional wrestling fan, Vice’s “Dark Side of the Ring” is for you. Three seasons, each episode is a documentary about a wrestler or subject, from Owen Hart to Dynamite Kid to the Montreal Screwjob. Pure exceelence.
                          I'm a few episodes behind for this season but a big fan of the series as a whole. That plus the A&E wrestling biographies have made it a great time to relive some of the wrestling glory days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            I'm a few episodes behind for this season but a big fan of the series as a whole. That plus the A&E wrestling biographies have made it a great time to relive some of the wrestling glory days.
                            They also just started with "Dark Side of Football." I checked out the Chad Johnson episode. Well done, but not the same.

Comment

• Black Summer came back for season 2 on Netflix. It's more zombies (supposedly takes place in the Z-Nation world, but it is about as dark as Z-Nation was zany... not even remotely the same feel.) It's also pretty far from Walking Dead, much less about world building and feelz and more about immediate survival. Season 1 took place about a week after outbreak, and this seems to take place about 6 months or more after. Much more of a 28 days later feel than any of the TV stuff. The 8 episodes this season take place over maybe 4 days or so? I ripped through them in one night.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Any of you guys watched Sweet Tooth? It’s a post-apocalyptic story about a pandemic that ravaged the world and wiped out most of humanity. Oh, and there are human-animal hybrid kids who get hunted and who lots of folks blame for the virus. Shockingly exceelent.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X