2022 NFL draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 NFL draft

Are any of you looking forward to watching the upcoming NFL draft?

It was must see tv for me last year. This year not as much. But I still want to see what the Bears new staff will do come draft day. With so many needs I hope they pick well, but have no specific players I am hoping they will get. It is a wait and see year for me.

What about you? Do you have targets for your favorite team? Will you watch it or just read about it the next day?

Maybe it's just me but it feels like the hype is wayyyy down this year. Who are the big names? Aidan Hutchinson is the only name I've seen consistently. I don't know if that's due to me not being invested personally or due to the lack of publicity.

On a personal level the Cowboys' offseason has me discouraged. Historically there have been a ton of negative Cowboys stories but the Alexandra Davis story is just too much for me. I'm sure I should have been out a long time ago, but for some reason the idea of Jerry Jones never taking the time to meet his own daughter and throwing money at her instead just disgusts me more than any other. Any teams taking applications for new fans?

My lack of fan-dom this offseason has definitely led me not to care as much about the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Maybe it's just me but it feels like the hype is wayyyy down this year. Who are the big names? Aidan Hutchinson is the only name I've seen consistently. I don't know if that's due to me not being invested personally or due to the lack of publicity.

On a personal level the Cowboys' offseason has me discouraged. Historically there have been a ton of negative Cowboys stories but the Alexandra Davis story is just too much for me. I'm sure I should have been out a long time ago, but for some reason the idea of Jerry Jones never taking the time to meet his own daughter and throwing money at her instead just disgusts me more than any other. Any teams taking applications for new fans?

My lack of fan-dom this offseason has definitely led me not to care as much about the draft.
      Probably because the skill position players are not at the top of the draft this year. It really takes an NFL Draft-phile to love that the top of the draft will be offensive & defensive linemen.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Probably because the skill position players are not at the top of the draft this year. It really takes an NFL Draft-phile to love that the top of the draft will be offensive & defensive linemen.
        I agree that's definitely part of it too

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I agree that's definitely part of it too
          Plus, there's just no real star college players that the casual fan knows this year. The QBs are mediocre. Everyone knew Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, etc., who were the top picks of the last few years.

Comment

Since the Bears have no first rounders, I will pass on watching it tonight. I will record it and zip through it later.

I am interested to see what the new management does with their first draft. I hope they can make something good happen.

Good luck to all of you who are hoping that your teams get your guy.

Comment

39 years ago, the Steelers made a huge mistake by letting the talented QB from the University of Pittsburgh leave town after he fell to them in the draft. They weren't going to let that happen again in 2022. Love the Kenny Pickett pick at #20. That's two years in a row now that the Steelers have selected the player (Najee Harris in 2021) that i wanted in the first round. Can't wait to get my Kenny Pickett Steelers jersey.
              Last edited by madducks; 04-29-2022, 05:52 AM.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

- the Jets and Giants killed it
                - only 2x in the last 25 years has only one QB gone in Rd 1, and both of those QBs were major busts (EJ Manuel 2013, Jim Druckenmiller 1997).
                - 1st draft since 1997 with multiple top-5 DBs selected
                - Packers are the 1st team ever to take 2 teammates in the 1st round
                - 1st time since 1991 that the top 5 were all defensive players
                - Georgia had 5 defensive players drafted, the most ever in the 1st round
                - 1st time ever 6 WRs were taken in Rd 1
                - after a slow start with no trades in the top 10, there were still 9 trades, the most since 2004
                - I don't ever remember blockbuster player trades during the draft, and yesterday we had two
                - pretty amusing that NE took a player in rd 1 that the Rams were hoping to land in Rd 4

Comment

This is really a horribly poor draft for fantasy first year draft purposes.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    This is really a horribly poor draft for fantasy first year draft purposes.
                    Yes it is

Comment

Texans draftee John Metchie III diagnosed with leukemia and will sit out the season. Get better John!

Comment

Here's some eye opening pre-season footage of Lions #1 pick (#2 overall) Aidan Hutchinson.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X