early trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early trade

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, SV+HD, IP, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $260 auction budget
    $400 in-season cap
    keep 6 major / 4 minor
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Perez $16 1st year keeper
    1B - Hoskins $22
    2B - India $8 1st year keeper
    3B - Anderson $1
    SS - Mondesi $20 4th year keeper
    CI - Pavin Smith $5
    MI - Rojas $1
    OF - Blackmon $3
    OF - Merrifield $36
    OF - Trout $49
    OF - Varsho $13
    DH - Witt $10
    P - Corbin $10
    P - Houser $10
    P - Kittredge $2
    P - Manoah $6 1st year keeper
    P - Montgomery $4
    P - Syndergaard $7 2nd year keeper
    P - Treinen $22
    P - Trivino $2
    P - Wainwright $9 1st year keeper
    BN - Bauer $6
    BN - Hunter Greene $10
    BN - Archer $10
    BN - Irvin $19
    BN - Zunino $2
    BN - Suarez $1
    DL - Paxton $10
    DL - Floro $2
    DL -
    MN - Rutschman $10
    MN - Liisangel Acuna $1
    MN - Brujan $1
    MN - Bobby Miller $1

Already back in my usual bottom 4. (Been in this league 20 years with only one money finish.)

Two offers as I'm already looking forward to 2023.

Machado $40/2nd year and Joe Ryan $1 for Hoskins and Manoah
    Yepez $1 or Baty $1 for Wainwright

Would Montgomery be a good replacement for Manoah? I like Manoah's upside more than Montgomery. I've tried offering up Zunino but nobody wants him, including the team starting Melendez at C. I know I need offense, but I can't find any.

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
    16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, SV+HD, IP, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $260 auction budget
    $400 in-season cap
    keep 6 major / 4 minor
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Perez $16 1st year keeper
    1B - Hoskins $22
    2B - India $8 1st year keeper
    3B - Anderson $1
    SS - Mondesi $20 4th year keeper
    CI - Pavin Smith $5
    MI - Rojas $1
    OF - Blackmon $3
    OF - Merrifield $36
    OF - Trout $49
    OF - Varsho $13
    DH - Witt $10
    P - Corbin $10
    P - Houser $10
    P - Kittredge $2
    P - Manoah $6 1st year keeper
    P - Montgomery $4
    P - Syndergaard $7 2nd year keeper
    P - Treinen $22
    P - Trivino $2
    P - Wainwright $9 1st year keeper
    BN - Bauer $6
    BN - Hunter Greene $10
    BN - Archer $10
    BN - Irvin $19
    BN - Zunino $2
    BN - Suarez $1
    DL - Paxton $10
    DL - Floro $2
    DL -
    MN - Rutschman $10
    MN - Liisangel Acuna $1
    MN - Brujan $1
    MN - Bobby Miller $1

Already back in my usual bottom 4. (Been in this league 20 years with only one money finish.)

Two offers as I'm already looking forward to 2023.

Machado $40/2nd year and Joe Ryan $1 for Hoskins and Manoah
    Yepez $1 or Baty $1 for Wainwright

Would Montgomery be a good replacement for Manoah? I like Manoah's upside more than Montgomery. I've tried offering up Zunino but nobody wants him, including the team starting Melendez at C. I know I need offense, but I can't find any.
    Do you think your team is good enough to win this year ? If not, you don't need to worry about finding offense, you need to trade high priced assets for players that will help next year.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Do you think your team is good enough to win this year ? If not, you don't need to worry about finding offense, you need to trade high priced assets for players that will help next year.
      Yep. What he said.

Comment

I would NOT deal Manoah, he's a building block for you.

I would likely deal Wainwright for Baty though...you should be in the rebuilding mode.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

My first thought is I'm surprised you are so low in the standings.

Your hitting is solid and balanced and with some pitching help I don't see why you couldn't be a contender.

Don't trade away your pitching, look for more (and you actually have some interesting options on the bench). Unfortunate that you spent $22 on Treinen, but anyway several good pieces there to work with.

I don't agree that you should be in rebuilding mode. You've had enough of that, go get some pitching!

Comment

Don’t look at the standings this early they mean almost nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I would NOT deal Manoah, he's a building block for you.

I would likely deal Wainwright for Baty though...you should be in the rebuilding mode.
              Agree 100%. Baty will be a star for the Mets.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                My first thought is I'm surprised you are so low in the standings.

Your hitting is solid and balanced and with some pitching help I don't see why you couldn't be a contender.

Don't trade away your pitching, look for more (and you actually have some interesting options on the bench). Unfortunate that you spent $22 on Treinen, but anyway several good pieces there to work with.

I don't agree that you should be in rebuilding mode. You've had enough of that, go get some pitching!
                If you dig a little deeper it's understandable -- Corbin $10, Archer $10, Irvin $19(?!?), Houser $10, Treinen $22 (must have drafted early), Paxton $10 totaling $81 of wasted $$$. Assuming these were all auction buys, that's almost 1/3rd down the tubes.

Plus, I don't love when you use players at their secondary positions and then use sub-optimal players at their primary positions, i.e. Varsho & Merrifield in the OF. Sal Perez is awesome of course, but Miguel Rojas is marginal at MI.

Corbin needs to go ASAP, he's toast. Archer probably as well.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  If you dig a little deeper it's understandable -- Corbin $10, Archer $10, Irvin $19(?!?), Houser $10, Treinen $22 (must have drafted early), Paxton $10 totaling $81 of wasted $$$. Assuming these were all auction buys, that's almost 1/3rd down the tubes.

Plus, I don't love when you use players at their secondary positions and then use sub-optimal players at their primary positions, i.e. Varsho & Merrifield in the OF. Sal Perez is awesome of course, but Miguel Rojas is marginal at MI.

Corbin needs to go ASAP, he's toast. Archer probably as well.
                  Ok, but the wasted money is all in pitching. Get some help there and some roster manipulation with the hitting and there's a chance. He's been out of the money for 19/20 years, time to go for it even tho it will take a lot of good fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    Ok, but the wasted money is all in pitching. Get some help there and some roster manipulation with the hitting and there's a chance. He's been out of the money for 19/20 years, time to go for it even tho it will take a lot of good fortune.
                    Trading away assets to win this year when you dont have a competitive team is not something I would recommend. I don't look at that roster and see a potential league champ.
                    Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 04-15-2022, 11:05 AM.
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think Baty for Wainwright is a good move
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think Baty for Wainwright is a good move
                        Agreed. Accept now on that one. Pass on the other trade offer.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Trading away assets to win this year when you dont have a competitive team is not something I would recommend. I don't look at that roster and see a potential league champ.
                          Yup. Like the OP said, he's a bottom feeder every year and he always posts these ridiculous offers that he has no business doing. Time for a tear down.

Roadmap
                          Hitting
                          - Trade Sal Perez while his value is still through the roof
                          - As you have Rutschman (and Zunino(?)), trade Varsho too
                          - Hoskins is below par in an AVG league - trade him
                          - I don't like to trade Merrifield, but to quote Branch Rickey, you can finish last with him or you can finish last without him
                          - Trade Trout before he breaks down completely
                          - Luisangel Acuna has no business on your ML squad with just 64 MLers rostered

- Build your hitting around Witt, India, Mondesi, Rutschman, Brujan

Pitching
                          - keep Manoah, Greene, Montgomery, Bobby Miller
                          - trade everyone else for prospects
                          - wait on Syndergaard, if he bounces back keep him, if he stays middling, trade him too
                          - dump Corbin & Treinen and spec on some waiver wire prospects

You can keep 6 major leaguers -- India, Greene, Witt, Mondesi + 2 others, or even dump Mondesi and keep 3. Do what it takes to land Julio Rodriguez, Torkelson, Abrams, Oneil Cruz, Baz, etc., or try for young budding superstars like Chisholm, Kelenic, etc. Shit, just trade everyone for Wander Franco!

Comment

Generally agree with Revo. Perhaps you can pare down that first trade and make it just Joe Ryan for Hoskins?
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Generally agree with Revo. Perhaps you can pare down that first trade and make it just Joe Ryan for Hoskins?
                              Yeah. Maybe get the other guy to throw in a prospect, flip Archangel Acuna back to him

Comment

Working...
                              X