Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Buying low - slow starts

  1. #31
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    9,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Would you trade Tucker straight up for Ohtani who is done this year. Daily moves can play both ways. Tucker you get to keep this year and next at 20 no extensions.
    In daily moves Ohtani is the #1 player by a very wide margin.

    So... sure, not a particularly close trade if you are focused on winning this year.

    ( note - not that it matters, but this isn't really buying or selling low, it's simply that Ohtani is a much better asset in this format, it's similar to a 2 for 1 )

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Would you trade Tucker straight up for Ohtani who is done this year. Daily moves can play both ways. Tucker you get to keep this year and next at 20 no extensions.
    Right as we speak, Tucker hits a HR.


    But yes, I would jump all over that trade in a daily moves / two-way Ohtani league. He pretty much broke my valuation spreadsheet when he was listed as a two way guy --- was worth something like $110 with inflation. It was insane. Never seen anything like it.

  3. #33
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    9,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Would you trade Tucker straight up for Ohtani who is done this year. Daily moves can play both ways. Tucker you get to keep this year and next at 20 no extensions.
    If I could get Ohtani in a daily.....take all my money!!!!

  4. #34
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    9,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I just acquired Swanson. He is a keeper, so there is risk if he doesn't pull out of his funk and house a down year, but I think who we saw last year is who he ends up being. On the flip side, I just moved Yelich after acquiring him just a couple of days before. I am glad I did. Of the remaining players, Ketel Marte stands out as a guy you should get if you can get any kind of discount.
    Feeling good about snagging Swanson on April 22. He has been very respectable since then.

  5. #35
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    24,456
    Akil Badoodoo sitting for the 5th time in the last 8 games

  6. #36
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    9,749
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Akil Badoodoo sitting for the 5th time in the last 8 games
    Where's the sell low thread

  7. #37
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    9,693
    I just landed Emmanuel Clase for Bruce Zimmermann. He is convinced Clase has lost the job and his favorite podcast was touting Zimmermann as a legit guy. I have Karinchak too, so while I think Clase still has the job for awhile, if he does keep struggling, my hope is Karinchak is the guy who takes over. My kneejerk reaction is to always do a deal this early with this big of a difference in perceived value, but I occasionly get burnt by that, like when I traded Cedric Mullins early last year for a more establish bat that I ended up dropping.

  8. #38
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    24,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I just landed Emmanuel Clase for Bruce Zimmermann. He is convinced Clase has lost the job and his favorite podcast was touting Zimmermann as a legit guy. I have Karinchak too, so while I think Clase still has the job for awhile, if he does keep struggling, my hope is Karinchak is the guy who takes over. My kneejerk reaction is to always do a deal this early with this big of a difference in perceived value, but I occasionly get burnt by that, like when I traded Cedric Mullins early last year for a more establish bat that I ended up dropping.
    Whuut

  9. #39
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    24,456
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Josh Lowe- overmatched, probably could be had for a song in redraft leagues
    Demoted to AAA

  10. #40
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    24,456
    Panic is starting to set in for owners of the following batters:

    Joey Votto
    Paul DeJong
    Max Muncy
    Whit Merrifield
    Jarred Kelenic
    Trent Grisham
    Christian Walker
    Brendan Rodgers
    Spencer Torkelson
    Jorge Soler
    Christian Pache
    Joey Gallo
    Justin Turner
    Avisail Garcia
    Marcus Semien
    Rhys Hoskins
    Nick Senzel
    Trevor Story
    Jesse Winker
    Yuli Gurriel
    Tyler Naquin
    Darin Ruf
    Tyler O'Neill
    Jake Cronenworth
    Adam Duvall
    Ketel Marte
    Bobby Dalbec
    Randy Arozarena
    Wil Myers
    Jonathan Schoop
    Nelson Cruz
    Joey Bart
    Yasmani Grandal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •