Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-Season" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which pitching prospects do you think can make the biggest jump this year?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
      Thanx for the response, DJRadar.

That's tough to say. Of the ones already on my list, I'd say Eury Perez has tremendous upside. His stats at Lo-A last year as an 18 y/o are pretty eye-popping, but he's gotten off to a bit of a rough start at AA this year. BA's report says he has front-end starter potential. Also, Jack Leiter is considered to have high upside. BA's report says he has top-end starter potential. He is, tho, a somewhat undersized righty which raises durability concerns. Like Perez, he's starting this year in AA, so it might not be long before both of them are in MLB.

Comment

If you're looking for under the radar pitching prospects, I'll name a few that I like who are off to strong starts and likely to ascend levels this year, and possibly become high end prospects.

Cole Henry WAS - He's on a strict innings cap, after only getting 47 IP in High A in 2021, so he's only throwing 3 IP max per start so far. But I like that limit as it forces him to face the top of the order twice unless he's perfect. So far in AA, 3 GS, 9 IP, 3 hits, 0 R, 2 BB, 12 K. Already on a few lists, including 85th on Fangraphs.

Ricky Tiedemann TOR - In low-A at 19, he's off to a great start. 3 GS, 15 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 10 BB, 24 K. He's a 6'4 lefty who's shown increased velocity this year, which he's clearly using to bully A ball hitters. I wonder if he sees A+ before his 20th birthday, August 18th. Seems likely to me.

Wilkelman Gonzalez BOS - Only 6'0, so plenty of reliever risk. But he made it to low A for 4 starts last year and looked good. Back at low A and looking even better, through 3 GS, 11 IP, 7 H, 7 BB, 18 K. 40% k rate. Just turned 20, and should see High-A by mid-season at the latest.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Daniel Espino has looked amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if he was considered the best pitching prospect in baseball by year's end, especially if Grayson gets the call. Andrew Painter will make a big leap on the midseason lists too. He has totally dominated thus far, but long term I still worry about the Phillies ruining his chances to fulfil his potential.

ETA: Adding another under-the-radar guy, like TW gave, Adam Macko has had a great start and is an interesting story. He doesn't have TOR upside, and he too is on the shorter side and has reliever risk, but he could rise to back end top 100 status if he can keep it up all year.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-24-2022, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Does anybody else have shares of Anthony Garcia (OF NYY)?

I grabbed him in all 3 leagues I could, probably earlier than I needed to. Every single writeup mentions his 80 grade raw power (fangraphs gives him 70 current raw, 80 future raw). His HR rates last year and continuing this year are impressive. High K rate last year, but he's adjusting, down from 37% to 28%. Especially running such deep counts (31% BB rate), maintaining a sub-30% K rate is fantastic.

Total 3 true outcomes hitter, with a higher ceiling in OBP formats than AVG. Came into today with 64 PA, 4 HR, 18 K, 20 BB (hit his 5th HR too). Last 2 seasons, he's at 19 HR, 17 SB in only 55 games.

I'm driving the bandwagon for him, just curious who else is on board.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              Does anybody else have shares of Anthony Garcia (OF NYY)?

I grabbed him in all 3 leagues I could, probably earlier than I needed to. Every single writeup mentions his 80 grade raw power (fangraphs gives him 70 current raw, 80 future raw). His HR rates last year and continuing this year are impressive. High K rate last year, but he's adjusting, down from 37% to 28%. Especially running such deep counts (31% BB rate), maintaining a sub-30% K rate is fantastic.

Total 3 true outcomes hitter, with a higher ceiling in OBP formats than AVG. Came into today with 64 PA, 4 HR, 18 K, 20 BB (hit his 5th HR too). Last 2 seasons, he's at 19 HR, 17 SB in only 55 games.

I'm driving the bandwagon for him, just curious who else is on board.
              Gah, I should have listened to you earlier. He was on my radar, but I did not have room for him in my minors yet. I was hoping to graduate someone and then pick him up, but someone just beat me to the punch.

Comment

I predict Ricky Tiedeman is going to be this year's Kyle Harrison/Eury Perez.

Tonight: 5 IP, 0 H, O BB, 9 K. An efficient 58 pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Gah, I should have listened to you earlier. He was on my radar, but I did not have room for him in my minors yet. I was hoping to graduate someone and then pick him up, but someone just beat me to the punch.
                  If it's AVG format, I wouldn't worry too much. I think he ends up an Adam Dunn/Gallo type of masher, you might call them a "sour masher", as they provide loads of power and production, with a suspect BA. But if they're willing to take walks all day, especially with the possibility of robo umps looming, it's the 80 power guys that collect 100+ walks a year and can carry your team.

If it's OBP format, do whatever you can to acquire him. You seem better at dealing than I am, so maybe you can find a creative path.

Comment

Eury Perez also shoved last night, after struggling to this point. 5 IP, 1 H, 0 BB, 12 K.

19 and dominating AA. Love to see it, as I own him everywhere I can.

Comment

Some of my prospects are raking this year (Michael Harris, Royce Lewis). Others are really struggling (MJ Melendez, Oneil Cruz, etc). When should I start being concerned?
                      Last edited by Sharky; 04-30-2022, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                        Some of my prospects are taking this year (Michael Harris, Royce Lewis). Others are really struggling (MJ Melendez, Oneil Cruz, etc). When should I start being concerned?
                        I'd give it another month.

Comment

A guy to keep an eye on is 21 year old Taj Bradley SP Tampa Bay. He's dominating at AA. He currently has a 2.61 ERA / 0.90 WHIP, 36 Ks in 31 IP with 7 BB. His overall MILB stats are similar. Generally I like what the Rays do with pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                            A guy to keep an eye on is 21 year old Taj Bradley SP Tampa Bay. He's dominating at AA. He currently has a 2.61 ERA / 0.90 WHIP, 36 Ks in 31 IP with 7 BB. His overall MILB stats are similar. Generally I like what the Rays do with pitchers.
                            The new Baseball America ratings came out in the last day or so...Bradley is now 46
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                            X