Albert Pujols 700?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Pujols 700?

Albert Pujols needs 21 homeruns to get to 700. Does he make it this year?

I took him in the reserve draft in 2001 and had him for his first 5 years. Now it looks like this will be his last year.

I hope he makes it.

He went for a buck in the end game of our NL only 5x5 this last weekend. I could not go 2. I was planning on nominating him for a buck for my UT spot but did not get the chance.

I doubt he gets enough at bats.

Comment

At last year's pace, he will need about 340 ABs. That's playing in over half the games.
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

I think he is going need over 500 plate appearances to accomplish this. It is possible because of the DH in the NL. Just do not know if the Cards can be patient with him hitting at best .240.

Comment

He probably should not get 500 PA on a good team.

Hate to see superstars go out like this. I wish he had retired a while back.

Since 2014 (7 seasons), he has been worth -0.9 fWAR / +2.7 bWAR and cost $189 million. As a point of comparison, Wander Franco's 11 year contract was for $182 million.

Comment

I cannot see them giving him AB if his bat is detrimental and they are trying to win their division. It doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Since 2014 (7 seasons), he has been worth -0.9 fWAR / +2.7 bWAR and cost $189 million. As a point of comparison, Wander Franco's 11 year contract was for $182 million.
              You can not compare stupid LAA of A to Tampa when it comes to contracts or most things baseball related!

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                You can not compare stupid LAA of A to Tampa when it comes to contracts or most things baseball related!
                False. Obviously. I just did

Comment

Working...
                X