U.S. House of Representatives passes MORE act to decriminalize marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. House of Representatives passes MORE act to decriminalize marijuana

Takes cannabis off schedule one and also will serve to expunge federal marijuana convictions. 91% of Americans support legalization.

The bill passed the House 220-204. All Democrats in the House supported. Nearly every Republican voted against, because that's, uh, small government or something.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

which is funny to me because the right leaning & severe tilting folks in my circle of friends frequently partake

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      which is funny to me because the right leaning & severe tilting folks in my circle of friends frequently partake
      Yes, but those "others" are up to no good when they do.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

This is great news and long overdue. Onward to Mushrooms!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          This is great news and long overdue. Onward to Mushrooms!
          It has passed the House before. Now it is up to the Senate. So, not through the gauntlet yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              It has passed the House before. Now it is up to the Senate. So, not through the gauntlet yet.
              Has Biden indicated he'd sign it if it does? I recall reading that he's opposed to Weed legalization.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Has Biden indicated he'd sign it if it does? I recall reading that he's opposed to Weed legalization.
                Yeah, he is....I think he will still sign it if it passes the Senate, though, just because desire for this is insanely high (pun intended) and he is in no position to do anything so unpopular at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Yeah, he is....I think he will still sign it if it passes the Senate, though, just because desire for this is insanely high (pun intended) and he is in no position to do anything so unpopular at this point.
                  You say this like Democrats have never screwed things up before....
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    You say this like Democrats have never screwed things up before....
                    Oh, they might....I am not sure it will pass the Senate, which is Dem controlled at the moment. But if it does, it would be a huge strategic blunder for an already unpopular president to strike down something that has overwhelming support from the population.

Comment

Working...
                    X