Kissin Kousins HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kissin Kousins HDID

So it is done. 15 team mixed 5x5 standard with OBP. Keepers in Bold X means extended #years

Ca Salvador Perez $14 X1
    1B Colin Moran $1
    2B Tommy Edman $17
    SS Trevor Story $31
    3B Jose Ramirez $47 X1
    MI Ha-Seong Kim $1
    CI Seth Beer $2
    OF Starling Marte $29
    OF George Springer $26
    OF Kyle Tucker $20 X1
    OF David Peralta $1
    OF Andrew Vaughn $4
    Ut Kole Calhoun $2
    Ut Abraham Toro-Hernandez $1

Res: Lux $4, Alfaro $1, Beaty $1

I went in with the least amount of money to spend and keeping a lot of steals--I tried to drive up all speed guys left and ended up getting Story and Edman, I should cruch the speed category and potentially be able to move some for need later--though this isn;t a big trading league as there are no picks to trade and only a 3 man minors. Still speed is so sexy, ya know!

Spending so much on my offense left me little for my pitching, but I think I'm ok.

Starters order of cost:

Yu Darvish $23
    Marcus Stroman $8
    Luis Castillo $7
    Cal Quantrill $5
    Josiah Gray $2
    Nick Martinez $1
    Merril Kelly $1
    Miles Mikolas $1
    Brad Keller $1
    Adbert Alzolay $1

I also have Cavalli, Lodolo and George Kirby in my minors--any or all of them could contribute this season.

Saves will be thin, but I'm a believer that they can be FAABd if you are diligent.

Ryan Pressly $11 X1
    Dinelson Lamet $2
    Ken Giles $2

Both Giles and Lamet have a shot at saves, Pressly (barring injury) should get enough to keep me in the middle of things.

Overall--I love my offense, lost of speed, enough power and solid OBP, counting stats should be good. I know I have a few guys with AB issues, but hopefully a couple can get 300-400 ABs of solid stats.

Pitching will need to hit on all cylinders and injured guys return soon rather than later. Gotta fix saves, but I usually can do that--though this years owners seem to be thinking the same thing as most handcuffs, potential save guys were snathced up.

Any input is appreciated and thanks in advance!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

So sorry, please move to Baseball forum before I get Dickshot, thanks.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      So sorry, please move to Baseball forum before I get Dickshot, thanks.
      I moved it for you even though you stole Lamet

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I moved it for you even though you stole Lamet
        My finest moment....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You definitely have the speed. My concern with the offense is that in this size league you might have trouble keeping up with the counting stats due to lack of ABs. Moran, Kim, Beer, Peralta, Vaughn, Toro (Lux/Beaty on the bench) are guys I'm concerned about seeing more than ~400 and the R/RBI columns are likely going to suffer.

You may be best off trading some of that excess speed to fill in other areas. (and if so I know a team you might trade with)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            You definitely have the speed. My concern with the offense is that in this size league you might have trouble keeping up with the counting stats due to lack of ABs. Moran, Kim, Beer, Peralta, Vaughn, Toro are guys I'm concerned about seeing more than 400-500 ABs and the R/RBI columns are likely going to suffer.

You may be best off trading some of that excess speed to fill in other areas. (and if so I know a team you might trade with)
            I agree, and now with Vaughn getting squeezed. Now if you still had CJ.....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

why are we beating around the bush here? What do you want for Edman...you have no use for the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                why are we beating around the bush here? What do you want for Edman...you have no use for the guy.
                Matt Bush may get some saves this year, good point.

Comment

Working...
                X