Who is the movie actor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the movie actor...

Who is the Movie actor that you have seen the most times?

Each movie stands as 1. So if I have seen Die Hard 15 times that would only count as 1 for Bruce not 15.

I will set up another thread for actresses.

Nic Cage, about 50. Must be the top for me.

Paul Newman, I think 30-40. Went on a big completionist binge for Newman a decade ago. I found he elevated garbage to watchable, and decent to great pretty often.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

No idea on specific counts, but I've seen a lot of movies with these guys in them:

Clint Eastwood
      Paul Newman
      Jack Nicholsen
      Brad Pitt
      Keanu Reeves
      Leonardo DiCaprio

And of course Kevin Bacon
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Limited to movies? Otherwise it's probably JK Simmons because the dude does nothing but work.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Seems like Samuel L. Jackson has been in pretty much every movie ever made, so maybe him?
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Seems like Samuel L. Jackson has been in pretty much every movie ever made, so maybe him?
            Good call.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Bruce Willis, who just announced his retirement due to having Aphasia, a cognitive brain disorder.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Bruce Willis, who just announced his retirement due to having Aphasia, a cognitive brain disorder.
                Sad news on Bruce.

He is on my list. Unfortunately he went from great to pretty bad in movie role choices. I think I have only turned off about 3 or 4 movies in my life and one of those was his.

I think Brad Pitt has to be on my list. This came as a surprise to me and is why I started the thread.

Clint Eastwood is also up there.

Sometime after this weekend's auctions i am going to look up all the movies that these three have been in. It should give me a count and maybe I find some to watch that I missed.

Comment

I doubt it's #1, but I've seen a ton of Denzel movies.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    I doubt it's #1, but I've seen a ton of Denzel movies.
                    Ron Jeremy has apparently starred in over 800 films so he should be towards the top of your list, no?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      Ron Jeremy has apparently starred in over 800 films so he should be towards the top of your list, no?
                      Impressive restraint, I figured this would be the first response.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

I was just waiting for heye to respond so I could specifically target him.

Comment

He was playing the long game...
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            He was playing the long game...
                            Hopefully for less than 4 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Sad news on Bruce.

He is on my list. Unfortunately he went from great to pretty bad in movie role choices. I think I have only turned off about 3 or 4 movies in my life and one of those was his.

I think Brad Pitt has to be on my list. This came as a surprise to me and is why I started the thread.

Clint Eastwood is also up there.

Sometime after this weekend's auctions i am going to look up all the movies that these three have been in. It should give me a count and maybe I find some to watch that I missed.

Clint Eastwood -34 movies

John Wayne-33

Bruce Willis- 31 movies

Brad Pitt-21 movies

Comment

Working...
                              X