Will Smith vs Chris Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Smith vs Chris Rock

So, apparently Will Smith slapped Chris Rock on stage at the Academy Awards show on Sunday. Here's Jomboy (it's spring training for him too) with the breakdown.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

BTW, Smith shortly afterward won the Best-Actor-Award for "King Richard" which was a very good movie that i just watched last week. During his awkward apology/acceptance speech, Smith shared some sage advice that he had just received from Denzel Washington during the commercial break. Denzel told Smith, "At your highest moment, be careful, that’s when the devil comes for you."
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Chris Rock says he is not pressing charges and LAPD says they are willing to help if he changes his mind lol.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I watched the whole event but was half-paying attention to it. I didn't even realize it happened when it did, lol.

Comment

Scary days for comedians....as morons will surely now feel empowered to assault the stage when they get made fun of.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Chris Rock says he is not pressing charges and LAPD says they are willing to help if he changes his mind lol.
              That is good, because Rock was way out of line with his comment. You do not attack (even with humor) a man's wife who is battling a disease.

Comment

Will Smith is a total clown. And his crappy acceptance speech later where he talks about “love makes you do crazy things” is straight out of an abuser’s playbook. Complete embarrassment.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Will Smith is a total clown. And his crappy acceptance speech later where he talks about “love makes you do crazy things” is straight out of an abuser’s playbook. Complete embarrassment.
                  Yeah, I admire his talent but I lost a lot of respect for him personally after seeing this. Smith should have handled this verbally instead of physically. Denzel Washington's advice to him was spot on. He basically told Smith not to let his success go to his head.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Since we are in the middle of heavy draft season this thread title confused me. I was thinking, Will Smith the catcher or Will Smith the pitcher?

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      What makes him a clown?

The slap? The speech? Prior incidents?
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Since we are in the middle of heavy draft season this thread title confused me. I was thinking, Will Smith the catcher or Will Smith the pitcher?
                        Sideways?
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Yeah, I admire his talent but I lost a lot of respect for him personally after seeing this. Smith should have handled this verbally instead of physically. Denzel Washington's advice to him was spot on. He basically told Smith not to let his success go to his head.
                          I agree Smith could have handled it better.

I do not know Will Smith personally so I only can say I enjoy his acting talent. I did not or do not have any particular respect or disrespect on his personal life. As a movie fan I find that a lot of very talented actors are very damaged people.

Jada suffers from Alopecia. How is it ok for Chris Rock to make a joke like that? We all talk about PC. Where is the PC in that? We have learned over the years that just because it is funny doesn't mean it is ok. She gets all dressed up for a good night looking her best and Chris Rock gets to mock her for hair loss? Shame on you Chris Rock.

This does not excuse Will's behavior but I do understand it. Do not hurt Mrs. Gregg. I might have to plead temporary insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Being called a slap hitter only made it more confusing
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Being called a slap hitter only made it more confusing
                              Who says this incident was bad for comedians...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X