• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Being called a slap hitter only made it more confusing
    Thank goodness for the NL DH

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I agree Smith could have handled it better.

I do not know Will Smith personally so I only can say I enjoy his acting talent. I did not or do not have any particular respect or disrespect on his personal life. As a movie fan I find that a lot of very talented actors are very damaged people.

Jada suffers from Alopecia. How is it ok for Chris Rock to make a joke like that? We all talk about PC. Where is the PC in that? We have learned over the years that just because it is funny doesn't mean it is ok. She gets all dressed up for a good night looking her best and Chris Rock gets to mock her for hair loss? Shame on you Chris Rock.

This does not excuse Will's behavior but I do understand it. Do not hurt Mrs. Gregg. I might have to plead temporary insanity.
      PC? I mean, a year or two ago Ricky Gervais was all but accusing everyone in the crowd of consorting with pedofiles. Should everyone have taken umbrage such that they physically attacked him? C'mon. You hold yourself out as a Christian - there is a proper response and what you're hinting at ain't it. Getting on stage and engaging in violence against a 4 foot tall 57 year old is 100% not okay. Smith is a clown and clearly needs to grow up a lot. Total embarassment.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        PC? I mean, a year or two ago Ricky Gervais was all but accusing everyone in the crowd of consorting with pedofiles. Should everyone have taken umbrage such that they physically attacked him? C'mon. You hold yourself out as a Christian - there is a proper response and what you're hinting at ain't it. Getting on stage and engaging in violence against a 4 foot tall 57 year old is 100% not okay. Smith is a clown and clearly needs to grow up a lot. Total embarassment.
        Nope. I said he could have handled it better.

Ate you engaging in whataboutism? Gervais example has nothing to do with Rock. Plus Gervais was taking to a whole group not one innocent individual.

As for me I was being transparent. As for my Christianity I truly try to walk Jesus, but I still need a Savior because I still get it wrong sometimes. But there is hope for me. I am so much better than I was and not as good as I am going to get.

Comment

Nope. I said he could have handled it better.

Ate you engaging in whataboutism? Gervais example has nothing to do with Rock. Plus Gervais was taking to a whole group not one innocent individual.

As for me I was being transparent. As for my Christianity I truly try to walk Jesus, but I still need a Savior because I still get it wrong sometimes. But there is hope for me. I am so much better than I was and not as good as I am going to get.
          Planning in advance to get it wrong though?
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            Planning in advance to get it wrong though?
            I truly hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Thank goodness for the NL DH
              Will Smith at the plate and he chris ROCKS that ball!!!

I'll be here all week, try the veal....
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

This does not excuse Will's behavior but I do understand it. Do not hurt Mrs. Gregg. I might have to plead temporary insanity.
                Ahhh remember the days in this forum when making a joke about someone's wife caused universal outrage and scorn, how times (and members) have changed.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Ahhh remember the days in this forum when making a joke about someone's wife caused universal outrage and scorn, how times (and members) have changed.
                  Like when everyone assaulted Fresno Bob right after he joked about boning their wife?
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Like when everyone assaulted Fresno Bob right after he joked about boning their wife?
                    Maybe it's what was said, how it was said and who said it that makes it an outrage.

Plus I'm pretty sure Fresno did bone a couple of wives, no joke.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I think Will Smith's assault was an act of cowardice perpetrated upon a much smaller (and a little older) man because Will Smith is emasculated and hurt by his wife's behavior. There should have been criminal charges filed against him and he most certainly should not have been permitted to remain at the ceremonies. His speech was disgusting - “In this time in my life, in this moment, I am overwhelmed by what God is calling on me to do and be in this world.” But hey, maybe Jesus overturned that pesky sermon on the mount business and is now calling upon people to refrain from turning the other cheek.

Comment

I think Will Smith's assault was an act of cowardice perpetrated upon a much smaller (and a little older) man because Will Smith is emasculated and hurt by his wife's behavior. There should have been criminal charges filed against him and he most certainly should not have been permitted to remain at the ceremonies. His speech was disgusting - “In this time in my life, in this moment, I am overwhelmed by what God is calling on me to do and be in this world.” But hey, maybe Jesus overturned that pesky sermon on the mount business and is now calling upon people to refrain from turning the other cheek.
                        So it was that ONE incident that made you consider him a clown. One choice in a lifetime of choices.

The guy made a bad choice. He was obviously confused/conflicted on how to respond afterward as was evident in his all over the place rambling speech afterward. There's history and context you're either ignoring or believe to be irrelevant. there were many others at the show who showed support for Smith after the incident, possibly further muddling his wording during his speech.

No one knows if he felt emasculated, if he was responding to Jada's reaction or ANY of his motivation for the outburst. We can assume, quote pundits, but only Smith knows why he did what he did, even then he might be unclear in the aftermath.

Rock has chosen not to press charges--Smith has nothing to do with that choice--Why would he choose not to?

The producers/directors of the Oscars chose not to remove him from the show--again not a choice made by Smith. Why didn't they?

I guess I'm just surprised by the level of your outrage at Smith over one incident.

Have you never made a bad choice in your life? Been an embarrassment in public?

I certainly have and as such choose not to vilify others for doing what I have done.

Could Will Smith have handled it better? As Gregg mentioned--
                        I agree Smith could have handled it better
                        . But is it wrong to defend someone you care about even in a physically violent manner? As Gregg also said--
                        Do not hurt Mrs. Gregg. I might have to plead temporary insanity.
                        Same goes for Mrs. GITH, though seeing as I'm already crazy--I'd just call it--Business as usual.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'm assuming she banged him.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Who, the catcher?

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Validating Will banging him as well?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Who, the catcher?
                                Who's on first...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X