Defending the Flag - HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defending the Flag - HDID

16 team H2H with OBA and holds. It's not completely done, but when you are considering Set Beer vs Kyle Isbel it's getting close.

Draft selections are marked with a *
    There was a significant indraft trade for SP--Zack Wheeler and Brandon Woodruff, marked **.

C - * Joey Bart
    1B - * CJ Cron
    2B - Gleyber Torres 2B, SS
    3B - Wander Franco 3B, SS
    SS - Willy Adames
    MI - * Andres Gimenez 2B, SS
    CI - Jeimer Candelario
    OF - Ronald Acuña
    OF - Luis Robert
    OF - Cedrick Mullins
    OF - * Nick Senzel 2B,OF
    Util - * Rowdy Tellez

SP - Garritt Cole
    SP - Lance Lynn
    SP - **Brandon Woodruff
    SP - **Zack Wheeler
    RP - Liam Hendricks
    RP - * Mark Melancon
    RP - * Dylan Floro
    P - Dylan Cease
    P - Patrick Sandoval
    P - * Drew Rasmussen

BN - Nick Wittgren
    BN - * Huascar Ynoa
    BN - * Aaron Ashby
    BN - * Josh Lowe
    BN - * Michael Fulmer
    BN - * Seth Beer
    BN - * Carter Kieboom
    BN - * DL Hall

Cole, Lynn, Wheeler, Woodruff, Hendricks and Melancon are all out of options and only one can return, if any. A major goal was to stock the pitching for 2023.

Is this a championship team in a deep 16 team league? No one has ever won back-to-back.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-28-2022, 04:16 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Nice OJH. I think you did pretty well from what I can determine. Is it a championship team? Maybe. Would take some good breaks as it always does.

Your top end pitching is fantastic. And guys like Ynoa, Fulmer, and Ashby are shrewd pickups.
    Your offense is probably the question mark. Just seems light for this sort of league.

Gimenez
    Senzel
    Tellez

That’s a lot of names with the letter Z. It’s also where I would look to upgrade. Good luck!!!

Comment

Lots of nice pieces for sure.

Really like your pitching obviously.

Some things will have to go right on the hitting side. Solid return from Acuna, Robert advancing to star level, Franco doing what's expected, Bart having a good rookie year, Torres bounce back, Mullins close to what he was in 2021, Senzel finally having a healthy year, etc.

Comment

Your pitching far out shines your offense. But that does not mean you offense is bad. Acuna and Roberts are good starts. If you get plus play out of the others you should be in great shape.

Looks like a fun team. Without seeing what the others did, it looks like you did a nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Your pitching far out shines your offense. But that does not mean you offense is bad. Acuna and Roberts are good starts. If you get plus play out of the others you should be in great shape.

Looks like a fun team. Without seeing what the others did, it looks like you did a nice job.
          You're right; it is a fun team.

I won last year and did not really expect to do so. Shooting for a 2nd win is a challenge since so many players from that team are gone and no one has ever won two straight. I have already made a big trade for SP. Now I would like to trade one of them for a bat.

I also think I had a good draft. For example, I just picked up Carter Kieboom with three years before his option starts to get expensive. his roster spot is going to be more costly. There is no way he should have lasted this long. I probably should have taken Kieboom over Beer, but Beer is a third dart at the my biggest hole--1B--and he also gets a three year ride.

Of the four times I have won, I always found a significant player on WW. We'll see how that goes.
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            You're right; it is a fun team.

I won last year and did not really expect to do so. Shooting for a 2nd win is a challenge since so many players from that team are gone and no one has ever won two straight. I have already made a big trade for SP. Now I would like to trade one of them for a bat.

I also think I had a good draft. For example, I just picked up Carter Kieboom with three years before his option starts to get expensive. his roster spot is going to be more costly. There is no way he should have lasted this long. I probably should have taken Kieboom over Beer, but Beer is a third dart at the my biggest hole--1B--and he also gets a three year ride.

Of the four times I have won, I always found a significant player on WW. We'll see how that goes.
            What do you see in Kieboom ? Once a highly rated prospect, but he's never hit more than 18 HR in a season. He's 24 years old and in over 400 MLB plate appearances he has a batting average below .200 and a slugging percentage under .300 His ADP is around 550. Also, I think he going to miss the first month of the season with an injury.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              What do you see in Kieboom ? Once a highly rated prospect, but he's never hit more than 18 HR in a season. He's 24 years old and in over 400 MLB plate appearances he has a batting average below .200 and a slugging percentage under .300 His ADP is around 550. Also, I think he going to miss the first month of the season with an injury.
              Kieboom is a post-hype play. He had a good month in August so I have hope.

The injury is likely why he was still around, so I am writing off most of 2022 as lost to injury. If he has anything after the All Star break, his option for 2023 is next to nothing. The alternatives are mostly teenagers to 21 year old kids who are Rookie league or A ball. and three years away.

Is anyone having a splashy training camp? I have one pick left to buy a lottery ticket.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

The injury is likely why he was still around, so I am writing off most of 2022 as lost to injury. If he has anything after the All Star break, his option for 2023 is next to nothing. The alternatives are mostly teenagers to 21 year old kids who are Rookie league or A ball. and three years away.

Is anyone having a splashy training camp? I have one pick left to buy a lottery ticket.

J
                Tovar with the Rockies although he just got sent down.

Comment

J
                  He was pretty good in august, I think he is a long shot but it sounds like you are in that phase of the draft. I dont have any suggestions for spring training performers
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    He was pretty good in august, I think he is a long shot but it sounds like you are in that phase of the draft. I dont have any suggestions for spring training performers
                    Oh yeah. We are well past 450 players.

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    That's the kind of think I'm looking for. Tovar's offense is a bit one dimensional but the glove will keep him moving forward. I worry that he'll be a better ral player than in fantasy.

There are two AA pitchers that are still available--George Kirby and DL Hall. If it comes to a choice, which looks better over the next five years?

J
                    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-27-2022, 08:52 PM.
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Good eye. Tovar didn't make it back to me.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Good eye. Tovar didn't make it back to me.

J
                        Another Rockie with some intrigue is E. Montero. can play 3B or 1B, has some good pop. Is he still around?

Comment

Another Rockie with some intrigue is E. Montero. can play 3B or 1B, has some good pop. Is he still around?
                          Elehuris

I am aware of him. Six years inorganized baseball already, seven if you count 2020. I'm not sure he has much upside and the humidor has tamed the stadium effect.

He's available but I took DL Hall who has more upside IMO. Montero is definitely going on the watch list. I have a 20 team league goes even deeper than this one (and a 20 teamer that doesn't).

J
                          Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-28-2022, 04:17 PM.
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I would be concerned about counting on Joey Bart as your starting catcher without a solid backup if he flops.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Kirby. Four pitches plus velo.

Comment

Working...
                              X