mondesi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mondesi

In a no contract, no salary dynasty league I've owned Mondesi for quite awhile...unwilling to deal him cheap due to what he can do if he ever stayed healthy. Just got an offer of Kirilloff for him and I almost instinctively rejected and held off and now I'm seriously considering it. What say the pen?

My vote is for Kirilloff.

Should be a safe and stable long term investment. Solid power and contact skills.

Mondesi does have the upside, but also could flame out way too soon.

Comment

It is tough, because you have seen glimpses of what Mondesi can do and it will sting if he manages to stay healthy and productive all year. But even if he manages to do it once, I doubt he can do it again. He is injury prone and wildly inconsistent. If you are willing to accept the possibility that Mondesi outperforms Kirilloff by a lot for healthy and productive stretches in 2022 and beyond, I'd take the deal. Although Mondesi will go on runs that make you second guess the decision, I take the rest of Kirilloff's career over Mondesi's, overall. He will be a far more consistent and less maddening player for you.

One thing I was surprised by when I just looked it up--Mondesi is only two years older than Kirilloff. He is still just 26 years old.

Comment

If it's OBP, I might lean to take Kiriloff. If it's BA, Mondesi carries a lot more value.

I'd probably take Kiriloff, maybe in either format, but hopefully your dynasty squad has some other SB guys to fill the void.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          If it's OBP, I might lean to take Kiriloff. If it's BA, Mondesi carries a lot more value.

I'd probably take Kiriloff, maybe in either format, but hopefully your dynasty squad has some other SB guys to fill the void.
          It is a BA league with standard 5 x 5 H2H cats. And yes I have plenty of SB's.

Comment

I'm accepting the deal...thanks to all who replied.

Comment

BA should be a plus not a concern for Kirilloff. .318 MILB career avg

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                BA should be a plus not a concern for Kirilloff. .318 MILB career avg
                Alex Kirilloff RF | MIN
                Twins' Alex Kirilloff: Heating up at Triple-A
                (2 hrs ago) Kirilloff hit two home runs Saturday for Triple-A St. Paul and is hitting .379 with eight home runs and a 1.158 OPS in 24 games since being sent to the minors on May 15.
                Kirilloff will likely be called up again soon, but the Twins wanted to see him thrive in the minors after missing several weeks after suffering inflammation in his surgically repaired right wrist in mid-April and early May. There was a fear that Kirilloff may have had his power sapped from a setback to his wrist that needed surgery to repair a ligament tear last summer. It looks like his wrist is fully healthy and he may be able to show the power in the majors again that he did at his peak last season.

Comment

Working...
                X