No announcement yet.

DC Challenge Picks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So there was a bit of buzz in this league during the draft because I went crazy and drafted Hader and Hendriks from the 2-hole at the 2-3 turn, just for fun. I would say that those picks had an impact, but by no means were they the reason I led for most of the year. First of all neither Hader nor Hendriks were nearly as dominant as anyone would have hoped this season.

I actually think my draft in this league - while an experiment - is 1) a study in how you can whiff on quite a few picks and still take down a D&H league if you hit on the important ones; and 2) the vital importance of roster construction in D&H.

On point 1, Beyond the trea turner pick and the two closers, I took Goldy in round 4, Manoah/McLanahan back to back in rounds 6 and 7; and Luis Garcia/Framber/Adolis Garcia back to back to back in 10-11-12. All those were surrounded by somewhat/total whiffs on Baez in the 5th, Bellinger in the 8th, Rendon in the 9th and Ynoa in the 14th. Otherwise a lot of steady veterans.

Point 2, the way to win a D&H league is to have enough players at every position to NEVER take a zero, ever. Ever. This is by far the most important aspect to D&H and you need to have a plan going into one in order to make this work. I have a formula and happy to share it if you want it. I may have shared it before. The formula will not work without several multi-eligibles and avoiding DH onlys.

Anyway, thanks again to Lord Zola for doing this league and Im excited to take you guys on again next season!

Comment

Working...
    X