DC Challenge Picks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    I am fine with not discussing players not picked...my bad...wont happen again!

But I would totally take the analysis of the buffoon who took closers in rounds 2 and 3 with a big ass grain of salt anyway haha
    Lol, it's no biggie. Like I said, we're not getting a lot of discussion or analysis here anyways so if it's a choice between discussion and letting an unpicked player or two slip out or not discussing at all, I'd certainly prefer the former.

As for your choices between those four, I also agree that Rogers is well out in front. McLanahan is a great pitcher but I wonder how tampon Bay will use him and whether he'll get as many IP as other similar pitchers. Cease has awesome K potential but his peripherals were a little concerning last year. Manoah and McLanahan is certainly an untraditional top two SP combo but tough to find higher ceilings out there than those two.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Lol, it's no biggie. Like I said, we're not getting a lot of discussion or analysis here anyways so if it's a choice between discussion and letting an unpicked player or two slip out or not discussing at all, I'd certainly prefer the former.

As for your choices between those four, I also agree that Rogers is well out in front. McLanahan is a great pitcher but I wonder how tampon Bay will use him and whether he'll get as many IP as other similar pitchers. Cease has awesome K potential but his peripherals were a little concerning last year. Manoah and McLanahan is certainly an untraditional top two SP combo but tough to find higher ceilings out there than those two.
      Tampon Bay is so much catchier.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Cease has awesome K potential but his peripherals were a little concerning last year
        And even more concerning prior to that. He's boom or bust. Inconsistent, unless he isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Tampon Bay is so much catchier.
          Lmao - oops. I don't even think it was an autocorrect thing. My subconscious works in mysterious ways.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            And even more concerning prior to that. He's boom or bust. Inconsistent, unless he isn't.
            Cease is definitely a high risk pick at 95th overall, no doubt. I would have much preferred to get Montas 9 picks earlier…or perhaps Rogers at 95, but those options weren’t available.
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Speaking of boom or bust, happy to have landed Luis Castillo at pick 103. Seems like I always get this dude in every league. Fits my half baked pitching strategy really well, too.

Comment

Still riding that same Jared Walsh mancrush this year. Shoulda picked him instead of Gallegos! Walsh just seems like he has an enormous, MVP-level season lurking within to me for some reason.

Comment

Still riding that same Jared Walsh mancrush this year. Shoulda picked him instead of Gallegos! Walsh just seems like he has an enormous, MVP-level season lurking within to me for some reason.
                  I’ll trade him to you

Comment

Im curious what the room thinks of Rendon. I struggled with that pick and the players in that range. My hope is that last year was just a case of a few nagging injuries that compounded upon each other and he is a "revo fallen angel" type this season.

Comment

Didn't want to do 2 catchers this early but couldn't pass on them. For the most part, they are set & forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Im curious what the room thinks of Rendon. I struggled with that pick and the players in that range. My hope is that last year was just a case of a few nagging injuries that compounded upon each other and he is a "revo fallen angel" type this season.
                        And you know I was on him, lol. When I took DJ LeMahieu (another 'revo fallen angel') I figured he wouldn't make it back to me and it was him or DJM, but I liked DJM's position flexibility in this format a little bit more. In my real league, you can bet your ass I'll be all over a 9th round Rendon, he's a steal.

Comment

I really wanted to pick Luis Garcia, potentially instead of Manaea, but thought he might fall. Also thought Chris Taylor might fall a bit more, but he's pretty much the starting SS right now so no surprise he's going relatively earlier.

Comment

Just realized i somehow screwed up my autodraft settings and picked Baz. Could be worse problems. What do peeps expect from him this year
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Just realized i somehow screwed up my autodraft settings and picked Baz. Could be worse problems. What do peeps expect from him this year
                              I am thinking 200 ip, 2.00 era, 0.8 whip...300k's
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                I am thinking 200 ip, 2.00 era, 0.8 whip...300k's
                                At minimum.

Comment

Working...
                                X