No announcement yet.

Brian Flores sues the NFL for Racial Discrimination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 HC jobs filled by 7 white guys. At this point, the racism in the coaching ranks is extreme. What really should happen to change this egregious hiring practice is to have NFL players strike in solidarity over this extreme racism.

Comment

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports there's a "very real" fear in NFL coaching circles and the league office that there won't be a single new black head coach in 2022.
      With Jacksonville hiring former Eagles head coach Doug Pederson on Thursday, all six head coaching vacancies have been filled with white candidates. Unless the Texans, Dolphins, or Saints hire a black head coach, the league will head into the 2022 season with a single black head coach, Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh. It would be a public relations nightmare following former Miami head coach Brian Flores' lawsuit alleging racism in team hiring practices -- allegations teams have denied. “The key word is frustration, and this has been mounting frustration over the years,” Fritz Pollard Alliance executive director and former Cardinals general manager Rod Graves told Breer. “Last year, given the opportunities that were out there, there was only one head-coach hire and that was David Culley. … Then, of course, you get a slate this year of just outstanding coaches who are eligible to rise up and fill one of the nine positions that were available, and to date, we don’t have one. And I don’t know, for all the work that these guys have put into it. All I hear from them is frustration and voicing unfairness.” Flores, reportedly a finalist for the Houston head coaching job, could be a long shot as he digs in against the NFL and its systemic issues.

RELATED: Houston Texans, Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints
      SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter
      Feb 4, 2022, 1:12 PM ET

Comment

The former attorney general was tapped in 2020 by the NFL to work on an inquiry into claims of workplace misconduct involving the then-Washington Football Team.

NFL finally hires a person of color...
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Welcome to the Steelers, coach Flores.

Last edited by madducks; 02-19-2022, 04:29 PM.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Former Cardinals’ HC Steve Wilks and former defensive coordinator Ray Horton now have joined Brian Flores’ race discrimination class action lawsuit against the NFL and various teams.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Lots of chatter that the Raiders might be signing Colin Kaepernick. I really hope so. I'd buy that jersey in a second. I'd also be happy to see an exodus of the more toxic elements of the Raiders' fanbase that would likely result.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
              X