2K22: Justin Turner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K22: Justin Turner

Does his mighty red beard propel him to epic dwarf-like power and longevity ? Or is he fading, as all men do ? Slowly declining stats, but still productive. What does 2022 have in store for JT ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

This is going to be interesting. Last year at age 36 he reached over 500 ABs for only the second time in his career.

He was won at auction in our NL only 5x5 OBP 12 team for $18 bucks. Good value. I do not remember what he went for other years, but I always thought he went for more than I wanted to pay. I am pretty sure the owner will keep him.

I think I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

Comment

He seems a lot more broken than he used to, his defense is slipping and he'll be 37 next year. Even though I think he's an above average 3b, I'd be wary. Still, he's going off the board as the 19th 3b selected. At that price he's an easy buy, imo, so long as you don't plan on a full season of ABs. He has an obvious path to a starting gig on one of the best offenses in the league, so you certainly could do worse.

I'll throw out a guess:

22 HR, 80 RBI, 70 Runs, 2 SB, .270/.340/.450

This might be his last year before Miguel Vargas usurps him.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I'm expecting Taylor to spell him more often at 3B this year, but that could easily be made up with the universal DH.

Comment

Working...
        X