2K22: Eduardo Escobar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K22: Eduardo Escobar

Eduardo Escobar cleared the fences 28 times last year, while maintaining a solid .253 batting average. 90 RBIs were not bad either. He's ready to take Manhattan.

Escobar, 32, appeared in 146 games between the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Milwaukee Brewers in 2021. He slashed .253/.314/.472 with 77 runs, 26 doubles, five triples, 28 home runs, 90 RBI and a 109 OPS+. He was also named to his first All-Star team last season.

Will the move to NY crush his productivity ? Will the ghost of Casey Stengel haunt him ? What do you all expect this year ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Edwin Encarnacion?

Seems like he pretty much is what he is --- very little patience, palatable BA, good power, zero speed. Gotta love the multiposition eligibility, though.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Since he’s on the Mets, he will probably have his leg amputated in April in order to address a sore elbow.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        Since he’s on the Mets, he will probably have his leg amputated in April in order to address a sore elbow.
        Early or late April ? Might make a difference
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Early or late April ? Might make a difference
          Probably depends on when the lockout ends.

Comment

Eduardo Escobar cleared the fences 28 times last year, while maintaining a solid .253 batting average. 90 RBIs were not bad either. He's ready to take Manhattan.
            Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Seems like he pretty much is what he is --- very little patience, palatable BA, good power, zero speed. Gotta love the multiposition eligibility, though.
            Y'all have never won a league batting title and it shows.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

league-wide batting average over the past 3 seasons is .248

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                We play OBP instead of ave. 5 guys had .33--- I won with .3407. I would think all of us would have been well over league ave. of .248.

Comment

In my 3 leagues, the avg BA last year was .25409, .24869 and .25333.

Comment

The .248 encompasses pitcher ABs plus all the bad hitters we don't tend to roster in our leagues, I'd imagine.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Ok, but what's the avg BA among players on fantasy rosters?

I can see .270-.280 being the range to finish first in a mixed roto league.

That said, I accept that rostering a 0.253 guy is feasible if he contributes in other stats (EE was a top 4 keeper of mine for years, tho he was also a 40 HR threat).

Comment

Here are the standings from my Yahoo! AFA league. Note the 10th place AVG.

2021 BA.jpg
                        Last edited by virgonomic; 01-23-2022, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                          Here are the standings from my Yahoo! AFA league. Note the 10th place AVG.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1332[/ATTACH]
                          I can't open the attachment, but I don't think anyone here is claiming .253 is going to help anyone in the batting average category. It's also not going to kill you. It's just kind of mediocre, slightly below average. Although if you are in a 10 team yahoo league that probably changes your perspective.
                          Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 01-23-2022, 07:03 PM.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I can't open the attachment, but I don't think anyone here is claiming .253 is going to help anyone in the batting average category. It's also not going to kill you. It's just kind of mediocre, slightly below average. Although if you are in a 10 team yahoo league that probably changes your perspective.
                            Reposted, but here they are: .277 .271 .265 .264 .263 .263 .261 .259 .255 .253 .246 .246

I was just trying to inject a bit of humour. But I definitely cringe when I draft a guy batting 0.253.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                              Reposted, but here they are: .277 .271 .265 .264 .263 .263 .261 .259 .255 .253 .246 .246

I was just trying to inject a bit of humour. But I definitely cringe when I draft a guy batting 0.253.
                              Thanks. In a shallow league it hurts a bit more than deeper leagues
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X