2K22: Dinelson Lamet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K22: Dinelson Lamet

what does 2022 have in store for d.lamet ? mediocre middle relief guy? Cy Young contender ; ) sleeper saves candidate ? 180 day IL ? Inquiring minds want to know
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    what does 2022 have in store for d.lamet ? mediocre middle relief guy? Cy Young contender ; ) sleeper saves candidate ? 180 day IL ? Inquiring minds want to know
    FORENSIC analysis appreciated, as always
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Tough to count on him. He's 29 years old now and has only thrown 303 IP in his career. Obviously he can put some nice numbers up when healthy, but he's rarely healthy. He also did a lot of relief work last year, which is not terribly promising for his value in 2022. Imagine, though, if he becomes the closer. Now that'd be intriguing.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Tough to count on him. He's 29 years old now and has only thrown 303 IP in his career. Obviously he can put some nice numbers up when healthy, but he's rarely healthy. He also did a lot of relief work last year, which is not terribly promising for his value in 2022. Imagine, though, if he becomes the closer. Now that'd be intriguing.
        yeah, he is not someone to count on for sure. If he is healthy all thru spring seems like a $5ish dollar guy to take a chance on if you need to take take a chance on someone. Will be interesting to see what role he has coming out of spring training
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

There's a more than 0% chance his arm flys off and ends up in the 3rd row...

Honestly, I wouldn't count on more than 100 ip FOR THE YEAR. Anything above that would be a bonus, IMO
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            There's a more than 0% chance his arm flys off and ends up in the 3rd row...

Honestly, I wouldn't count on more than 100 ip FOR THE YEAR. Anything above that would be a bonus, IMO
            I'm going to take the under on that one. No way it ends up in the third row.
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

If Lamet has a profitable future, it is in the bullpen. It is time to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                If Lamet has a profitable future, it is in the bullpen. It is time to make it happen.
                which makes him a 1-$3 end game play unless he would find his way to closer before auction.

I wonder how dangerous it would be to throw out his name early? Lamet for a buck!!

Comment

Signing Nick Martinez helps push Lamet to the bullpen, but also signing Robert Suarez could leave Lamet in a multi-inning role.
                  Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

I don't believe Lamet was ever being seriously considered for a rotation spot in 2022. Martinez should fill the #5 as I don't see Paddack starting the season healthy. There's always the potential Preller will bring another SP in prior to opening day in some deal or out of LF signing.

Things I'm sure you all know, Lamet had TJ in 18, was excellent in 2020 when his slider became his dominant pitch, hurt his UCL (not good), refused surgery, went with rehab, STILL got injured, became a 2-pitch guy (dropped his sinker for the most part) and was STILL pretty decent (the 4 ERs in a third of an inning in the final game of the season raised his ERA almost a full run-3.66 to 4.40)

He's still got swing and miss stuff, is a lock for a 10-11 K/9 guy and if healthy, a candidate for both swingman and closer.

That said. I agree with both MJ and Lord Z, he'll be a BP guy who throws multiple innings. With the returning BP pretty solid, the addition of Suarez and Garcia and of course, Neibla's influence (fingers crossed) the Closer role has plenty of established guys vying for it who can really only pitch one inning, Lamet's ability to go multiples make him more valuable to the team in that role.

To me, he's a 1-3 maybe 4 buck guy in a deep league and honestly, I'd probably skip him altogether.

I'll try to get y'all as much info on him and the rest of the Friars as I get it--Just check out my new blog The Fresh Friar del Diego.........
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X