Keeper help - 12 tm mixed 5x5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper help - 12 tm mixed 5x5

Must keep between 10-15 players each year. May keep up to 15 minor leaguers. 12 team 5x5 mixed league w/ standard cats. Each player has a three year contract. The year it expires is shown here. It will be a slow auction, which will be my first - hope it's fun!

Here are my options:

Code:
    [SIZE=4]
    1B	F. Freeman 	30	2023
    3B	Ty France	5	2023
    MI	Ozzie Albies	24	2023
    CI	Anthony Rizzo	13	2023
    OF	Trent Grisham	1	2023
    OF	Teo Hernandez	1	2022
    OF	Kyle Tucker	5	2023
    OF	M Yastrzemski	1	2022
    OF	Mark Canha	1	2023
    OF	A Santander	1	2022
    OF	Jarren Duran	5	2023
    P	Corbin Burnes	5	2022
    P	Zac Gallen	5	2022
    P	Eric Lauer	5	2023
    P	Tyler Mahle	5	2022
    P	Mark Melancon	1	2023
    P	Trevor Rogers	5	2023
    P	Joe Ryan	5	2023
    P	Chris Sale	7	2023
    P	Max Scherzer	33	2023
    P	N Syndergaard	7	2023
    P	Jake McGee	5	2023
    P	P Sandoval	5	2023
    P	Jose Suarez	5	2023
    P	Tanner Houck	5	2023
    P	Sixto Sanchez	1	2023

OF	Erick Pena	0	rook
    OF	Julio Rodriguez	0	rook
    1B	Triston Casas	0	rook
    2B	Nolan Gorman	0	rook
    SS	Jeter Downs	0	rook
    [/SIZE]
    Am I right to be so psyched about this team? Seems like I'm in a good position to compete right away.

Don't forget to scroll down! Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Bene Futuis; 01-21-2022, 01:58 AM.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

No brainers to me are Grisham, Hernandez, Burnes, Gallen, Melancon, Rogers, Thor, McGee, Santander, Mahle, Sale, Tucker, and France. This allows you to keep Freddie, Max, and maybe Rizzo, depending on where he signs.

Keep all the rooks...Great list!
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Are the 15 minors in ADDITION to the mlb keepers or do they all take up 1 of the 15 TOTAL keeper spots?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Are the 15 minors in ADDITION to the mlb keepers or do they all take up 1 of the 15 TOTAL keeper spots?
        In addition to. And I read the league rules wrong - it's actually only 10 minor league keepers. Still, I'll be able to participate in all five rounds of the upcoming minor league draft.

Not sure it's terribly relevant, but minors must be activated immediately upon callup (Sept. callups an exception) and become $1 the first year, then $5, then $10.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          No brainers to me are Grisham, Hernandez, Burnes, Gallen, Melancon, Rogers, Thor, McGee, Santander, Mahle, Sale, Tucker, and France. This allows you to keep Freddie, Max, and maybe Rizzo, depending on where he signs.

Keep all the rooks...Great list!
          I mostly agree, but I would add $5 Ty France instead of Rizzo. I also don't trust Mahle in his ballpark, especially in a 12 tm mixed. I prefer Houck or Ryan.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            In addition to. And I read the league rules wrong - it's actually only 10 minor league keepers. Still, I'll be able to participate in all five rounds of the upcoming minor league draft.

Not sure it's terribly relevant, but minors must be activated immediately upon callup (Sept. callups an exception) and become $1 the first year, then $5, then $10.
            In this case, I would only keep Rodriguez, Casas, and Gorman. Exceptional trio, all ready to graduate to MLB. Nice.

Jeter Downs fell off below the top 120 prospects, Pena isn't there yet.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Just got a trade offer of his rookie Xavier Edwards for my $5 Joe Ryan. Thoughts? I have plenty of room for more minors guys.

Comment

Just got a trade offer of his rookie Xavier Edwards for my $5 Joe Ryan. Thoughts? I have plenty of room for more minors guys.
                Dont know how many minors guys are available for you, but Edwards doesnt particularly excite me. Yes, he is in my top 100 and actually is ranked slightly above Ryan, but I'm not sure he belongs there. I'd be more intrigued about what Ryan can do since he projects to be in the rotation on opening day and it looks like you have room to keep him. Since you already have him, I'd take the bird in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Dont know how many minors guys are available for you, but Edwards doesnt particularly excite me. Yes, he is in my top 100 and actually is ranked slightly above Ryan, but I'm not sure he belongs there. I'd be more intrigued about what Ryan can do since he projects to be in the rotation on opening day and it looks like you have room to keep him. Since you already have him, I'd take the bird in hand.
                  Thanks and I agree. I am not sure whether Ryan is a keeper for me at $5 given what I have already - that's the only thing that gives me hesitation. Still, Edwards is kind of meh.

Comment

How about a $5 Ryan and a $5 Jake McGee both through 2023 for Xavier Edwards plus one of Brennan Davis (unlikely) or Corbin Caroll (tiny bit less unlikely) or Jordan Lodolo (possible)?

Comment

How about a $5 Ryan and a $5 Jake McGee both through 2023 for Xavier Edwards plus one of Brennan Davis (unlikely) or Corbin Caroll (tiny bit less unlikely) or Jordan Lodolo (possible)?
                      Nick Lodolo?

Comment

Nick Yolo? Yeah whatever that kids name is.

Comment

That trade, for Davis at least, looks more tempting. Your team looks potentially competitive and Ryan and McGee could help you compete, altho each may be a borderline keeper. McGee's value in particular is problematic. He had an excellent year as closer last year yet they chose to go w the inexperienced Doval late in the year. Even tho Doval has looked good in a SSS, I dont know why he is favored over McGee and I have to think that McGee will figure into the saves situation in SF. Yet it's hard to sell a trade partner on his value when he isnt even currently listed as the closer. I'd still be tempted if Carroll was substituted for Davis but I wouldnt do it for Lodolo. So maybe this trade wont happen either but I'd hold out for one of the top 20-25 prospects.

Comment

I traded my $5 Patrick Sandoval (who I hadn't listed earlier, my bad) for Edwards and a minors pick next round. I do like Sandoval okay but probably was not going to keep him.

There's a dude who keeps trying to trade for Gallen and McGee and now Sanchez as well. He has a stacked minors including: Riley Greene, Noelvi Marte, Nick Gonzales, Josh Lowe, Zac Veen, Lawlar, Groshans, K. Watson, etc. Not sure how much he values Gallen (at least as much as two years of a $5 Means, if that's any indication) but I'm gunning for one of those top two minors guys or maybe Nick Gonzales as well.

Comment

Looking for some last minute opinions about a few final keepers. I think I'm settled on Freeman $30, Albies $24, Grisham $1, Teoscar $1, Tucker $5, $5 Burnes, $1 Melancon, $5 Gallen, $5 Trevor Rogers, $7 Chris Sale, $5 Joe Ryan, $5 Mahle,

That would leave me two spots from the following:

$33 Scherzer
                              $7 Syndergaard
                              $5 Tanner Houck
                              $1 Anthony Santander
                              $5 Ty France
                              $5 Jake McGee
                              $1 Mike Yastrzemski

With the above list, I'd be keeping eight pitchers before either of these two were added. Auction will be very hitter-heavy for me regardless.

Which two do you like from that list? And is keeping 9 (or more) pitchers a bad idea?
                              Last edited by Bene Futuis; 03-14-2022, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X