2K22 NL Only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K22 NL Only Keepers

Looking for advice on who to keep in my 12 team NL only league. 5x5 categories; AVG, HR, RBI, R, SB / QS+(1/2W), ERA, WHIP, SV, HD, K.

We can keep 12 and there is a $265 budget for 14 hitters and 10 pitchers.

I see more than 12 but others might disagree. I will be exploring trades. Here are my options.

Daulton Varsho, Ari, $10A
    Carson Kelly, Ari, $3B
    Travis D'Arnaud, Atl, $8B
    Lewin Diaz, Mia, $3A
    Brandon Belt, SF, $11B
    Joey Votto, Cin, $17A
    Keston Hiura, Mil, $10B
    Ke'Bryan Hayes, Pit, $5A
    Alec Bohm, Phi, $5A
    Jazz Chisholm, Mia, $10A
    Mauricio Dubon, SF, $3B
    Avisail Garcia, Mil, $6A
    Sam Hilliard, Col, $14B
    Jesus Sanchez, Mia, $1A
    Anthony Alford, Pit, $2A
    Anthony Bender, Mia, $10F
    Anthony DeSclafani, SF, $1B
    Camilo Doval, SF, $10F
    Clayton Kershaw, LAD, $25B
    Corey Knebel, LAD, $1A
    Freddy Peralta, Mil, $8B
    Rowan Wick, ChC, $10F

What do you folks think?
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

I see more than 12 as well.

Varsho and Kelly is a nice combination, see what you can get for D'Arnaud.

Votto and Belt are risky to repeat their 2021 seasons and make good trade bait.

You're light on speed after Varsho and Jazz, try to acquire some in trade.

The other thing that strikes me is you really don't have any established elites other than Kershaw (whose future is cloudy at the moment) and maybe Peralta. Do you think it's realistic to go for it this year or is it a rebuild?

Comment

Very nice set of keepers.

Top 12

Carson Kelly, Ari, $3B

Lewin Diaz, Mia, $3A
      Brandon Belt, SF, $11B
      Joey Votto, Cin, $17A

Keston Hiura, Mil, $10B
      Ke'Bryan Hayes, Pit, $5A
      Alec Bohm, Phi, $5A
      Jazz Chisholm, Mia, $10A

Mauricio Dubon, SF, $3B
      Avisail Garcia, Mil, $6A
      Sam Hilliard, Col, $14B
      Jesus Sanchez, Mia, $1A
      Anthony Alford, Pit, $2A
      Camilo Doval, SF, $10F

Corey Knebel, LAD, $1A
      Freddy Peralta, Mil, $8B

I've got 13 highlighted. If forced to drop one, probably Doval at $10. Too much for a reliever not guaranteed to close. Especially with your $1 Knebel, I would save the Doval money for other save speculation.

Also, I'm not sure if any of your 4 CI guys have eligibility elsewhere. Sucks going into auction with DH filled, but I quite like both of your veteran 1B at those prices (let's go Brandon!) , and your young 3B have upside.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

The other thing that strikes me is you really don't have any established elites other than Kershaw (whose future is cloudy at the moment) and maybe Peralta. Do you think it's realistic to go for it this year or is it a rebuild?
        I pretty much agree with everything harmon has written. I also agree with Teenwolf. You have a lot of nice keepers and a lot of money to spend. Will there be a lot of premium talent back in to spend it on?

If not I might try to trade for an expensive elite to anchor this team pre auction. If there is, than I would wait with the exception that I do not want to roster both Belt and Votto. I would try to package one of them for a better keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

I tend to agree with most of this though I like Belt to repeat or come very close to what he's done the last two years. SF changed the dimensions of their ball park and I believe Belt changed his swing and that has resulted in more home runs.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            Very nice set of keepers.

Top 12

Carson Kelly, Ari, $3B

Lewin Diaz, Mia, $3A
            Brandon Belt, SF, $11B
            Joey Votto, Cin, $17A

Keston Hiura, Mil, $10B
            Ke'Bryan Hayes, Pit, $5A
            Alec Bohm, Phi, $5A
            Jazz Chisholm, Mia, $10A

Mauricio Dubon, SF, $3B
            Avisail Garcia, Mil, $6A
            Sam Hilliard, Col, $14B
            Jesus Sanchez, Mia, $1A
            Anthony Alford, Pit, $2A
            Camilo Doval, SF, $10F

Corey Knebel, LAD, $1A
            Freddy Peralta, Mil, $8B

I've got 13 highlighted. If forced to drop one, probably Doval at $10. Too much for a reliever not guaranteed to close. Especially with your $1 Knebel, I would save the Doval money for other save speculation.

Also, I'm not sure if any of your 4 CI guys have eligibility elsewhere. Sucks going into auction with DH filled, but I quite like both of your veteran 1B at those prices (let's go Brandon!) , and your young 3B have upside.
            Thanks. As far as positions go, we roster four OF and 2 UT spots so I can keep all four CI guys and still have a UT spot, if I wanted to go that route. I do think trading one of Belt and Votto is the way to go.

I agree about Doval at that price. Kind of a wait and see what SF does with their bullpen. We do count holds so that adds to his value if he's not getting saves. But holds only guys shouldn't cost $10.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I pretty much agree with everything harmon has written. I also agree with Teenwolf. You have a lot of nice keepers and a lot of money to spend. Will there be a lot of premium talent back in to spend it on?

If not I might try to trade for an expensive elite to anchor this team pre auction. If there is, than I would wait with the exception that I do not want to roster both Belt and Votto. I would try to package one of them for a better keeper.
              I haven't had a chance to look at see what's going to be available at the draft. I'm just starting the process of going over the rosters. I definitely need to make some trades.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                Thanks. As far as positions go, we roster four OF and 2 UT spots so I can keep all four CI guys and still have a UT spot, if I wanted to go that route. I do think trading one of Belt and Votto is the way to go.

I agree about Doval at that price. Kind of a wait and see what SF does with their bullpen. We do count holds so that adds to his value if he's not getting saves. But holds only guys shouldn't cost $10.
                I also agree with the rabble about your keepers (and with trading Belt or Votto, but that may be tough to do and near impossible in a package deal - good luck). I'd also put Bender in the same category as Doval as potential keepers that are in a wait and see for the time being.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Bumping this as keepers are due Friday and I am working on a trade for Trevor Rogers $15A. No offer has been made yet but from the conversation Votto $17A and Alford $2A need to be part of the deal. Then I believe he wants one of d'Arnaud $8B or Carson Kelly $3B and one of Bender $10F and Doval $10F.

Right now I'm looking at these keepers

Varsho
                  Kelly
                  Belt
                  Hayes
                  Bohm
                  Chisholm
                  A Garcia
                  J Sanchez
                  Peralta
                  DeSclfani
                  Knebel
                  Doval/Bender

If I make the trade I'd keep one of Doval or Bender that I don't trade and Rogers would replace Kelly to fit him into the 12 (assuming I don't trade him in the deal). I was thinking I'd start by offering Votto, Alford, d'Arnaud and his choice of Bender or Doval for Rogers. Seems like a no brainer, right? Especially considering the fact that I can't keep half the players I'm offering. I am not sure which of Doval and Bender I would want to keep. Both are good. Doval seems to have the inside track for saves but Bender seems like the better pitcher. Doval also has a more established pitcher in McGee waiting in the wings. I can't seem to decide which one.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

If anyone cares here's the team I drafted this weekend. The "A"s are the players I drafted, others are keepers.

C - DVarsho $10B
                    C - ANola $12A
                    1B - BBelt $11C22
                    CR - ABohm $5B
                    3B - KHayes $5B
                    2B - JChisholm $10B
                    MI - NMadrigal $14A
                    SS - WAdames $22A
                    OF - AGarcia $6B
                    OF - JSanchez $1B
                    OF - SMarte $42A
                    OF - CBlackmon $17A
                    UT - BNimmo $17A
                    UT - ERios $2A

P - TrRogers $15A
                    P - FPeralta $1323
                    P - ADeSclafani $1C22
                    P - ANola - $27A
                    P - SStrasburg $11A
                    P - TAntone $1A
                    P - TSantillan $10A
                    P - RHelsey $2A
                    P - ABender $10C22
                    P - CKnebel $1B

ML - MGore $5M (already rostered)
                    ML - BMiller $10M
                    ML - APages $5M
                    ML - BWilliamson $5M
                    ML - RPepiot $3M

I FAABed Steele and SDominguez for Strasburg and Antone. I think my offense should be fine if everyone comes close to playing like they should. I will need Strasburg to come back and pitch well, but I do feel like I have such a strong staff that it should be ok. If Bender and Knebel can stay as the closer I'll be fine there.

What do you guys think?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                    X