2K22 Catcher thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FBP View Post
    Opinions on E. Diaz. I have him for $5 in a 10 team NL league. Was thinking of throwing him back but this thread gives me pause.
    Do not throw Diaz back at that price

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      Do not throw Diaz back at that price
      You and Paul are sure riding the Diaz train hard. Not sure I see it but then again the catcher landscape is pretty bleak. Seems like a lifetime of awfulness and a half season of goodness. So on one hand, trending up? On the other, recency bias?
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        You and Paul are sure riding the Diaz train hard. Not sure I see it but then again the catcher landscape is pretty bleak. Seems like a lifetime of awfulness and a half season of goodness. So on one hand, trending up? On the other, recency bias?
        what I wrote at Rotowire

Diaz has twice hit at the league average in over the past four seasons along with double-digit homers in each of those seasons (2018 & 2021). A slow start to the 2021 season saw him get into mid-June with a .142/.207/.208 slash line with one homer to his name in 116 plate appearances. Something clicked and he got red hot from then on out, hitting .293/.357/.582 the rest of the season with 17 homers in 255 plate appearances. The performance at the plate as well as behind it (42% caught stealing rate) earned him a three-year contract with the Rockies this winter which should guarantee him the majority of the work at catcher this season. Catchers as a whole hit .228/.304/.391 last season, so give me a guy who has the potential to hit 20-plus homers along with a high average in Colorado all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          what I wrote at Rotowire

Diaz has twice hit at the league average in over the past four seasons along with double-digit homers in each of those seasons (2018 & 2021). A slow start to the 2021 season saw him get into mid-June with a .142/.207/.208 slash line with one homer to his name in 116 plate appearances. Something clicked and he got red hot from then on out, hitting .293/.357/.582 the rest of the season with 17 homers in 255 plate appearances. The performance at the plate as well as behind it (42% caught stealing rate) earned him a three-year contract with the Rockies this winter which should guarantee him the majority of the work at catcher this season. Catchers as a whole hit .228/.304/.391 last season, so give me a guy who has the potential to hit 20-plus homers along with a high average in Colorado all day long.
          Looking more and more like I'm going to end up landing him in the slow auction I'm doing right now, so all aboard the Diaz train! Hopefully he's only a buck or two.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Gents - which of the following catchers would you be willing to spend more than $1 on at auction in a two catcher league:

Elias Diaz
            Alejandro Kirk
            Carson Kelly
            Travis d'Arnaud
            Danny Jansen
            Jorge Alfaro
            Max Stassi
            Eric Haase
            Yan Gomes

If more than $1, how high would you be willing to go?
            Last edited by Bene Futuis; 03-24-2022, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Is this a mix league?

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                Is this a mix league?
                Yes.

Comment

Elias Diaz 7-8
                  Alejandro Kirk 2-3
                  Carson Kelly 5-6
                  Travis d'Arnaud 4-5
                  Danny Jansen 2
                  Jorge Alfaro 2
                  Max Stassi 2
                  Eric Haase 3-4
                  Yan Gomes 4-5

Comment

Kelly and Haase from that group.

Comment

At those prices, Kelly, Kirk and Gomes for me.

Comment

Kirk went for $9. d'Arnaud went for $4. Diaz at $6. Haase at $2. Slow auction, so they're still out there. I only have $22 for 9 players so I have to tread lightly. Probably just going to wait and outbid the dollar days guy on Kelly and maybe Stassi or someone, I guess. I thought I had Diaz at $5 but got edged out at the last second.

Comment

Was the bidding on Kirk before or after the Grichuk trade. presumably opening up more DH time for him?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                            Was the bidding on Kirk before or after the Grichuk trade. presumably opening up more DH time for him?
                            Maybe right before? Not too sure but it was close in time to the trade.

Comment

Elias Diaz - what a disappointment! Like they say, never fall in love with a catcher. They totally say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                Elias Diaz - what a disappointment! Like they say, never fall in love with a catcher. They totally say that.
                                I believe Dr. Hook once made a song about this.

Comment

Working...
                                X