2k22 Zac Gallen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k22 Zac Gallen

Pretty rough 2021 for Zac, who went from a second tier stud to second rate. His underlying stats stayed about the same, though, so perhaps he's just closer to a 4.00 ERA guy than a 3.00 ERA guy. Thoughts?
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

He scares me. Had a forearm strain last spring that delayed his season and then results weren’t there. Know a lot of people still seem high on him (Pitcher List is one (Nick Pollock and Alex Fast)) but in my NL last year I had him on a contract thru 2022 and essentially gave him away for free last summer to a contender as I wanted no part of the risk of that arm injury resurfacing.

Couple the injury risk with a really bad Arizona team and basically I’m out.

Comment

I'm with Big Tymer, unless he slips very, very late in a mixed league draft.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I'm with Big Tymer, unless he slips very, very late in a mixed league draft.
        We do only leagues. In my 5x5 we have 23 man rosters and 13 man reserves. I can't see me wasting a spot on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          We do only leagues. In my 5x5 we have 23 man rosters and 13 man reserves. I can't see me wasting a spot on him.
          That feels very wrong. He's certainly worth a reserve spot in an only league of any depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            That feels very wrong. He's certainly worth a reserve spot in an only league of any depth.
            Hmm...maybe a little strong.

How about now? We do only leagues. In my 5x5 we have 23 man rosters. I can't see me wasting a spot on him.

Comment

I'd like him a little more than you in a NL only league. I'd be willing to buy him in the endgame under the premise that if his arm blows up, I can drop him and get a halfway decent MR to slot in for him. And he has at least had success recently enough to merit hope for upside.

Edit to add: Though he did turn into a veritable tater factory in the second half...wow.

Comment

Injury concerns are obviously very real for Gallen but, to his credit, he did put up almost the same underlying stats last year as all other years. I guess I don't get how he's gone from a 3rd/4th round pick to undraftable / unrosterable.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I agree with Bene. If I knew he'd stay healthy, I'd be super high on him. HIs new pitching coach has a track record of bringing talent to the next level too. I have him on a long term deal and I could give him away, but I won't. He is worth the risk to me. The injury risk is real, but he could be a top 20 pitcher this year, if healthy.

Comment

Most of you are shockingly low on Gallen. He is risky, but the idea that he isn't worth a roster spot, even in a shallow mixed league, is crazy to me. He could end up winning people leagues if he is taken in the late rounds or dollar days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Most of you are shockingly low on Gallen. He is risky, but the idea that he isn't worth a roster spot, even in a shallow mixed league, is crazy to me. He could end up winning people leagues if he is taken in the late rounds or dollar days.
                      Yup, shockingly low. I guess that's typical this early when valuations haven't really been reviewed much. To be frank he wont be taken in dollar days. We are talking about a mid tier guy in an only league.

Comment

I'm also high on Gallen's upside, as a Dynasty league owner. I wouldn't be comfortable if he was my ace or even 2nd best SP, but as a depth piece the upside is undeniable. I've got him around 40th for SP coming into 2022, but wouldn't be surprised if he finishes top 20 with 30+ starts.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Hmm...maybe a little strong.

How about now? We do only leagues. In my 5x5 we have 23 man rosters. I can't see me wasting a spot on him.
                          This is crazy...I hope everyone feels this way on Gallen he will be a total steal....and Im not even all that high on him.

Comment

I agree with Bene. If I knew he'd stay healthy, I'd be super high on him.
                            Same here. The problem isn't even just "healthy" it's "forearm strain", which is why I'd only go for him in the endgame. Maybe even $3-4 in a NL only. Which means that it'll be unlikely I get him.

Comment

I agree with Bene. If I knew he'd stay healthy, I'd be super high on him. HIs new pitching coach has a track record of bringing talent to the next level too. I have him on a long term deal and I could give him away, but I won't. He is worth the risk to me. The injury risk is real, but he could be a top 20 pitcher this year, if healthy.
                              If I knew he would stay healthy I would not have written what I did.

Minor elbow problems plus cutter = problems.

All that said this thread is exactly why I like posting my questions here.

So what would you all pay for him at auction? Please state only or mixed.

Our 5x5 only had the first cut last Sunday. I see that Gallen made the first cut at $15. It will be interesting to see if he makes the second cut on Monday. If he is dropped he will go into our Winter Waiver draft. I can't help wonder if he falls to me if I shouldn't pick him up and try to flip him for a higher reserve round pick during Spring Training. If no on bites I can drop him a week before our Auction.

Comment

Working...
                              X