Week 18 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    The statement I had a problem with was "Raiders were FUCKING IDIOTS for attempting that FG."

... they definitely weren't.

Then that was followed by insults about how I couldn't grasp the concept of the statistics involved apparently.

If you want to say that you don't care about what opponent you play even though it's obvious that NFL teams DO care, then I can respect that argument. But suggesting that Mith and you are martyrs is a little silly.
    My whole thing was if the kick was somehow blocked and run back for a TD just about everyone would be calling it a really stupid decision, like not running Marshawn Lynch on the 1 inch line or Matt Ryan dropping back to pass on that second down instead of running it up the middle.

I feel like, overall, im much better characterized as a farter than a martyr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I have tried, she is a momma's girl
      Can't blame her, considering the alternative. Heyoooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        On a completely different note, you need to clean out your PM mailbox.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          On a completely different note, you need to clean out your PM mailbox.
          Awwww man, I wanted a 100,000 post thread dedicated to me cleaning it out. Okayyyy, doing it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            My whole thing was if the kick was somehow blocked and run back for a TD just about everyone would be calling it a really stupid decision
            True, but in reality, when we step back away from the emotion of the moment we see that it actually wasn't a stupid decision objectively. I want my coach to have veins of ice and make the right choices even in the face of infinitesimally small chances of embarrassment.

like not running Marshawn Lynch on the 1 inch line or Matt Ryan dropping back to pass on that second down instead of running it up the middle.
            OK except those aren't equivalent at all because those were objectively the wrong choice.

I feel like, overall, im much better characterized as a farter than a martyr.
            Touche, aren't we all!

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              I'd pick my wife over me too!

Comment

The Texans fire David Culley, further proving this is the most dysfunctional, moronic franchise right now in football. First crack at head coaching, navigated the Watson debacle, took a team that was extremely talent poor and pulled four wins out of them, showed real development in Mills at QB by the end of the year, and played hard every single game.

Comment

You guys are overlooking the obvious...the outcome of any game is determined by luck.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    The Texans fire David Culley, further proving this is the most dysfunctional, moronic franchise right now in football. First crack at head coaching, navigated the Watson debacle, took a team that was extremely talent poor and pulled four wins out of them, showed real development in Mills at QB by the end of the year, and played hard every single game.
                    Agreed. Huge mistake firing Culley. His Texans were halfway respectable, which was pretty much a miracle.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Agreed. Huge mistake firing Culley. His Texans were halfway respectable, which was pretty much a miracle.
                      The only redeeming part about this is he still has $17 mil guaranteed over the next three years.

Comment

.....and thus leaves ONE black HC in a league that's 60% black.

Comment

I'm not really an NFL fan anymore, but the LV-Cincy game is kinda exciting at this point
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            I'm not really an NFL fan anymore, but the LV-Cincy game is kinda exciting at this point
                            can't believe it has been 31 years since the Bengals won a playoff game
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The Texans interviewed former Steelers WR Hines Ward for the team's head coaching vacancy. Um...ok.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Great game, bad officiating. Joe Burrow and Ja’Marr Chase are absolute beasts.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X