Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75

Thread: Week 18 Thread

  1. #11
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    The timeout was an all time blunder, for sure. You almost feel sorry for Charger fans. Almost.
    I mean, I think I said out loud "the Raiders are just running out the clock."
    I think the tragedy is that we have a Congress with a Senate that has a minority of misguided senators who will use the filibuster to keep the majority of people from even voting. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

  2. #12
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    23,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    I mean, I think I said out loud "the Raiders are just running out the clock."
    They were.

    It was like he was playing blackjack, had 20 and asked to hit just to prove a point. He didnt play the probabilities at all. The Raiders were graciously handing them a key to the offseason, and they tried to bite the hand that fed them.

  3. #13
    Journeyman Pauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Um, that might have been the most insane game I've ever seen in my life. How crazy would it have been had the Raiders just taken a knee and knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs? Wow.
    I was shocked their hatred for the Chargers overcame their senses and they attempted that kick. If it was blocked and run back for a TD we would be calling THAT the all time worst blunder in sports history.

  4. #14
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    23,862
    Black Monday shocker: Miami cans Brian Flores despite two straight winning seasons


    Also canned so far:
    Nagy & Pace in Chicago
    Zimmer & Spielman in Minnesota


    Now excuse me while I refresh my phone every minute hoping for the Giants news flash canning Gettleman and Judge

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Black Monday shocker: Miami cans Brian Flores despite two straight winning seasons
    And their owner is a yuuuuuge Michigan booster.

    Now excuse me while I refresh my phone every minute hoping for the Giants news flash canning Gettleman and Judge
    Due to inadequate caffeine levels, I thought, "man, revo's getting nasty". Then I reread and realized you said canning....not caning.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

  6. #16
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    And their owner is a yuuuuuge Michigan booster.
    He is, but that's why I believe Harbaugh is not happening because Ross actually cares about UM, so I don't think he wants Harbaugh to leave UM.

    But, who knows? "Harbaugh to the NFL" rumors have been around every year since he started so I guess we'll see.

  7. #17
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    I was shocked their hatred for the Chargers overcame their senses and they attempted that kick. If it was blocked and run back for a TD we would be calling THAT the all time worst blunder in sports history.
    It seemed like maybe it was payback for calling the TO? Not really sure. Not too hard to imagine that not a single Raider had any inclination to let the Chargers into the playoffs if they could help it.
    I think the tragedy is that we have a Congress with a Senate that has a minority of misguided senators who will use the filibuster to keep the majority of people from even voting. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

  8. #18
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    23,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    It seemed like maybe it was payback for calling the TO? Not really sure. Not too hard to imagine that not a single Raider had any inclination to let the Chargers into the playoffs if they could help it.
    Yes, Carr admitted as much in the postgame interview. I do agree with Pauly, and said as much to my buddies last night as it was happening, that a) there was no point to kick a FG, as it actually lessened the odds of winning; and b) as it was happening, that it was some kind of rub-your-face-in-it moment.

    Still, since Bisaccia was successful and Staley was not, only one goes down in history as the dumbass.

  9. #19
    Gettleman supposed to be retiring. One down, revo!
    I'm just here for the baseball.

  10. #20
    All Star Mithrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belle Vernon
    Posts
    9,346
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Yes, Carr admitted as much in the postgame interview. I do agree with Pauly, and said as much to my buddies last night as it was happening, that a) there was no point to kick a FG, as it actually lessened the odds of winning; and b) as it was happening, that it was some kind of rub-your-face-in-it moment.

    Still, since Bisaccia was successful and Staley was not, only one goes down in history as the dumbass.
    Raiders were FUCKING IDIOTS for attempting that FG.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •