Miquel Sano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miquel Sano

What are your thoughts on Miquel Sano for this coming year?

Someone in my new 12 team 4x4 AL only asked me if I had interest in a $6 and done Sano. He was 18 and done in my Al only 5x5. That was too much. I think 6 is interesting.

Very interesting. He's almost a lock to go 30-75, and if you're a believer in contract drives, he's in the last year of his contract before hitting free agency. No speed, and a possible BA sink, but I sure like his upside at $6.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

If he stays healthy, he's one of the few players in baseball who can hit 50 homers. For 6 bucks, he's worth the risk depending on what the guy wants in return.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Sano $6 doesn't work very well with your keepers though, as you already have B. Bradley $6B, and Y. Gurriel $20X. So that would leave your CI and DH locked up, assuming there's 2 catchers.

If it's a 1 catcher, 2 UT format, then Sano is less of a problem for you.

So it really depends what he wants for Sano, but I wouldn't be desperate to get a 3rd 1B, especially one with a projected BA under .230. He's only accumulated 3.8 WAR over his last 4 seasons, in 364 games, so in real life, his value isn't high enough to guarantee starting all year. Its looking like a year where he'll be moved to a contender at the deadline, like how the Rizzo trade hurt me down the stretch with both my 1B, Rizzo and Voit, squeezed for AB. I consider that a big risk factor, necessitating a Sano hot start and early trade before the bottom falls out.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Given a choice of spending six bucks on Miguel Sano or Bobby Bradley, I’d spend it on Sano in a second.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Given a choice of spending six bucks on Miguel Sano or Bobby Bradley, I’d spend it on Sano in a second.
            They're similar players, but I tend to agree. The question is, which would become a better keeper, Bradley $6 option, or whatever you could get in return for $6X Sano? I think the odds are probably in favor of Sano if he starts hot, but that doesn't include the cost of acquisition. Maybe the Sano owner would prefer the extra year of control for Bradley, and you could do a straight 1 for 1.

Bradley has some wild stats, digging into him. To give an idea of how much of a '3 true outcomes' hitter he is, in 40 PA that went to a full count, he went 0-25 with 15 BB's, 25 K's, good for a .000/.375/.000 slash, and a 62.5% K rate.

I was confused how Sano $6X came to exist in this format. Looks like the only way would be to go back to the 2019 auction and get him for $1, extend to $6 covering '21-'22. I think it says a lot that the entire league let a $1 Sano get chirped after his first bad season. Might be a sign you could get someone like Bradley in the low single digits on a fresh contract.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              I was confused how Sano $6X came to exist in this format.
              Same for me, but your logic looks right.

Comment

I am new to the league and misunderstood. Sano can be extended at $5 per year. They rolled out the new contracts showing he is a C but in reality he will be a C and done if not extended.

Comment

He offered Sano 6B, Kiner-Falefa 19A and Dalbec 15A for Torkelson 15F (he is free this year).

Seems like Sano is the best piece considering salaries. I can't see me biting on this one. But at least the door is open.

He does have some cheap pitching so there might be something to work with. He has a 2A Kopech and 1B Lance Lynn that might be interesting. Not sure if he will put one in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    He offered Sano 6B, Kiner-Falefa 19A and Dalbec 15A for Torkelson 15F (he is free this year).

Seems like Sano is the best piece considering salaries. I can't see me biting on this one. But at least the door is open.

He does have some cheap pitching so there might be something to work with. He has a 2A Kopech and 1B Lance Lynn that might be interesting. Not sure if he will put one in.
                    I wouldn't give up Tork for that package if you're rebuilding...I like both Kopech and Lynn, but he's have to add them both to Sano to make it worth your while, IMO.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      I wouldn't give up Tork for that package if you're rebuilding...I like both Kopech and Lynn, but he's have to add them both to Sano to make it worth your while, IMO.
                      I really like Tork, but Sano, Lynn, and Dalbec at the prices listed would be very interesting to me. Lynn at 2B is a real steal, IMO

Comment

I really like Tork, but Sano, Lynn, and Dalbec at the prices listed would be very interesting to me. Lynn at 2B is a real steal, IMO
                        I submitted a counter offer before reading this. I like it so I offered him a choice of my first one or this. He hasn't responded yet.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

So he ignored my first offer as well as this one. He countered with Sano for Mejia 4B. I accepted.

Comment

Working...
                          X