Trade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade question

18-team mixed, 5x5 w/OBP instead of BA: $6 Margot for $10 Madrigal?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    18-team mixed, 5x5 w/OBP instead of BA: $6 Margot for $10 Madrigal?
    Not a Margot fan, so my pick is Nick!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I am not a fan of either, but I guess I'd have to go with Madrigal if I had to choose. He has no power or speed to speak of, and I'm not confident he can play a whole season either, which will further depress his counting stats, but the BA will be elite when he plays.

Comment

Still holding out for Madrigal to show that 20 SB potential he has - my vote's for him.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

risk / reward - I have a hard time seeing Madrigal being worth much more than 10 at season's end ... Margot could be worth more than 6, but I just checked his numbers from last year, 464 ABs and pretty mediocre ... ok, I convinced myself, I'm on the Madrigal side too
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

It may depend on what you need, but in your league, Madrigal is going to be a huge OBP boost whereas Margot will be an OBP drain. I'd take Madrigal's 2B eligibility + OBP over Margot's slightly better HR power and a few more SBs. It's close though.

Comment

When the Rays deal Kiermaier this winter/spring, Margot is the immediate benefitiary until the servcie time of Josh Lowe is sufficiently stalled or Vidal Brujan takes off. Margot has Cash's full confidence in stealing bases and has OBP skills enough where a jump in PT helps his primary skill (steals).

I'm not convinced Madrigal can hit enough at the big league level because there just isn't much juice in his swing. He's not Craig Grebeck, but he's closer to that than the next Dustin Pedroia IMO.

Comment

I think Nick is a better real baseball player than Fantasy. I do not like him at $10.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  When the Rays deal Kiermaier this winter/spring, Margot is the immediate benefitiary until the servcie time of Josh Lowe is sufficiently stalled or Vidal Brujan takes off. Margot has Cash's full confidence in stealing bases and has OBP skills enough where a jump in PT helps his primary skill (steals).
                  I want to like Margot, I really do, but 13 SBs last season in 464 ABs, and his career best is 20 just doesn't scream breakout potential ... mind you he's only 27 so it's possible, again, it's a classic risk / reward thing
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    I want to like Margot, I really do, but 13 SBs last season in 464 ABs, and his career best is 20 just doesn't scream breakout potential ... mind you he's only 27 so it's possible, again, it's a classic risk / reward thing
                    I agree.

What's the reward for a $10 Madrigal though?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      I agree.

What's the reward for a $10 Madrigal though?
                      A .330 BA with 15-20 SBs out of a middle infield spot in a really good lineup? I mean, the dude was a highly regarded prospect.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        A .330 BA with 15-20 SBs out of a middle infield spot in a really good lineup? I mean, the dude was a highly regarded prospect.
                        He had 3 SB and 3 CS in 324 career PA before tearing his hamstring. 15-20 SB sounds like a pipe dream not an upside.

Even in a good lineup he gets what, 50 RBI?

Comment

He had 3 SB and 3 CS in 324 career PA before tearing his hamstring. 15-20 SB sounds like a pipe dream not an upside.

He stole 35 in the minors the year before. I'm not a huge fan, just bigger than for Margot who I'm not sure deserves to be in the majors.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            He stole 35 in the minors the year before. I'm not a huge fan, just bigger than for Margot who I'm not sure deserves to be in the majors.
                            Joc Pederson destroyed the basepaths in the minors and then never really did anything in mlb.

I hear what you're saying on speed, but I'd like to see a few steals before calling him more than a 1 category player.

Comment

Wait you think he is in a good line up?

I agree with the rest though.

Comment

Working...
                              X