No announcement yet.

Hillary 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A perfect storm in the Democratic Party is making a once-unfathomable scenario plausible: a political comeback for Hillary Clinton in 2024.

Several circumstances—President Biden’s low approval rating, doubts over his capacity to run for re-election at 82, Vice President Kamala Harris’s unpopularity, and the absence of another strong Democrat to lead the ticket in 2024—have created a leadership vacuum in the party, which Mrs. Clinton viably could fill.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

That's just the article that Chance was referring to from two months ago, by the way.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        That's just the article that Chance was referring to from two months ago, by the way.
        Johnny Dickshot is behind on his reading !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Bold move calling out Johnny Dickshot like that. Looks like you got off pretty easily. I wouldn’t tempt fate again if I were you.

Comment

why do people send Johnny Dickshot stale news ! The nerve of them.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              Bold move calling out Johnny Dickshot like that. Looks like you got off pretty easily. I wouldn’t tempt fate again if I were you.
              Johnny Dickshot agrees
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

If it's Clinton Vs Trump in 2024, we might as well go ahead and join the Ukrainian War now and get a head start on a world of shit....
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  If it's Clinton Vs Trump in 2024, we might as well go ahead and join the Ukrainian War now and get a head start on a world of shit....
                  If Clinton vs Trump Pt2 is what this country decides to put up as our choices in 2024, it is time to just write off the nation at that point. If anyone here could stay engaged politically when faced with the reality of who most people want to be president, you are better than me. But I think there is no way that will happen. Maybe the right is dumb enough to support Trump again, despite or maybe because he wants to destroy democracy and set himself up as an authoritarian strongman (anyone see his comments about how he wished he could inspire the fear and respect Kim Jong Un does?). But if the left responds by putting up a two-time loser who clearly would be putting personal political ambition over the well-being of the country and world by running again after losing to a political newb in Obama back when she lost to him in the primaries and then getting the biggest cake walk I can ever remember in the primaries to face and lose to Trump, I would just not be able to engage at all in national politics. I'd stick to trying to make a difference locally and to keeping my head down and just trying to raise my kids with the hope they can grow up to help fix what we clearly have broken.

We have over 330 million people in this country. It is absurd how we seem to want to keep going to the same wells of failure again and again. We should not be electing another Clinton or Bush again, and no one should have ever elected a Trump, and God help us all if his kids decide they want to run. Although, I doubt the cult of personality will extend to them when there are so many more polished sycophants wanting to be the next him in the party already (that is not saying much, of course).
                  Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-07-2022, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Although, another Trump/Hillary debate (with mute buttons) would make for some great theater. The TV ratings would probably top the Super Bowl.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Although, another Trump/Hillary debate (with mute buttons) would make for some great theater. The TV ratings would probably top the Super Bowl.
                      Only if it's in a cage at MGM in Vegas....
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        If Clinton vs Trump Pt2 is what this country decides to put up as our choices in 2024, it is time to just write off the nation at that point. If anyone here could stay engaged politically when faced with the reality of who most people want to be president, you are better than me. But I think there is no way that will happen. Maybe the right is dumb enough to support Trump again, despite or maybe because he wants to destroy democracy and set himself up as an authoritarian strongman (anyone see his comments about how he wished he could inspire the fear and respect Kim Jong Un does?). But if the left responds by putting up a two-time loser who clearly would be putting personal political ambition over the well-being of the country and world by running again after losing to a political newb in Obama back when she lost to him in the primaries and then getting the biggest cake walk I can ever remember in the primaries to face and lose to Trump, I would just not be able to engage at all in national politics. I'd stick to trying to make a difference locally and to keeping my head down and just trying to raise my kids with the hope they can grow up to help fix what we clearly have broken.

We have over 330 million people in this country. It is absurd how we seem to want to keep going to the same wells of failure again and again. We should not be electing another Clinton or Bush again, and no one should have ever elected a Trump, and God help us all if his kids decide they want to run. Although, I doubt the cult of personality will extend to them when there are so many more polished sycophants wanting to be the next him in the party already (that is not saying much, of course).
                        As a Non denominational American I agree with much that you have written.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          We should not be electing another Clinton or Bush again, and no one should have ever elected a Trump
                          We shouldn't be electing another septuagenarian again.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            We shouldn't be electing another septuagenarian again.
                            I agree. It is time for the next gen to lead, if you can call anyone under 70 the "next gen."

Comment

Working...
                            X