Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 15 Thread

DeAndre Hopkins expected to miss the rest of the season

Urban Meyer gets fired and none too soon on that dude. Yeesh.
    Last edited by Bene Futuis; 12-16-2021, 01:28 AM.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Has there ever been a move that was universally panned by the public at the time that ever worked out for the team?

When Meyer was hired, everyone was like "Huh?"

Kinda like when O'Brien traded DeAndre Hopkins for David Johnson.

These teams should have a committee of fans and gauge their opinion first, lol. We're rarely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        He didn’t even have to fake an illness first! First it was the “heart problems” that resolved themselves as soon as a better job opened up. Then it was the massive headaches that only manifested when something bad happened and he was under investigation for having a domestic abuser on staff and knowing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Has there ever been a move that was universally panned by the public at the time that ever worked out for the team?

When Meyer was hired, everyone was like "Huh?"

Kinda like when O'Brien traded DeAndre Hopkins for David Johnson.

These teams should have a committee of fans and gauge their opinion first, lol. We're rarely wrong.
          Heck, we could do a committee of about five RJers with soda, beer and pizza and have done way better than Meyer. Now, whether we'd actually get it right.....but, dang, we'd certainly have done better than Urban Meyer.

Edit to add: Wonder if Khan will try and claim the firing is for cause. That'll get interesting.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

With 4 weeks to go there are 26 teams with in 1 game of making the playoffs.

Comment

Vincent Jackson, former WR who killed himself, had stage 2 CTE.

Philip Adams, former CB who murdered six people, had stage 2 CTE.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Washington is up to at least 20 players out on COVID protocols.

Bill Lazor, Bears OC, is also out with COVID. Meaning Matt Nagy will be calling plays.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Washington is up to at least 20 players out on COVID protocols.

Bill Lazor, Bears OC, is also out with COVID. Meaning Matt Nagy will be calling plays.
                  Are you encouraging Vikings -4.5 with your post?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    Are you encouraging Vikings -4.5 with your post?
                    Does betting equal encouraging? Because I'd take that line in a second if Nagy is calling plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      With 4 weeks to go there are 26 teams with in 1 game of making the playoffs.
                      All it takes is one little winning streak.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Supposedly some in the players' union are suggesting that the season be postponed a week to deal with all the COVID outbreaks right now. At this point, the Browns are going to have a tough time fielding a full team. Luckily for them they don't really have a tough game coming up....

Comment

Why the outbreak?
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Why the outbreak?
                            It's probably the omicron variant, which is far more transmissible, although I haven't heard that from any league.

EDIT - Yup, John Hansen confirmed this on his XM fantasy show this morning. He said league sources told him it's the omicron variant that is spreading wildly.

Comment

Yeah, saw the same. Pretty interesting that teams that are heavily vaxxed are still getting hammered. Gives a POV on potential for Omicron infection even if vaxxed, but in close contact with a lot of people.

Edit to add: Tim Couch's Twitter feed on being ready if they need him is hilarious.
                              Last edited by chancellor; 12-17-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X