The Tom Brady Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    I had posted a few months ago on my FB page that when I was a kid, old players like Blanda looked like my grampa, but nowadays old players look like movie stars
    Now even the coaches look like movie stars...well some of them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

He un-retired!

Comment

Crazy. I am older than him, but we were born in the same year, so I like him holding on. Once he goes, no one born in my year or earlier will be playing a professional sport, I don't think. So, he gives some illusion of youth to us guys in our mid-40s as long as he hangs on and plays at a high level.

Also, late to this thread, but yeah, never been a fan of Brady, but it it is hard to deny that is the GOATS of GOATS. I agree, Ruth has a case, because he was more better this his peers than anyone, but also agree that it is hard to know what to do with that, since he did not get to play with many of the best players of his era. But even if you put that aside, which you shouldn't, Brady was instrumental in bringing his team to title after title after title, playing the most important position in sports (aside from maybe goalie), and just got it done. Leadership--off the charts. Clutch--off the charts. Volume--he leads every category. Dude brought together much bigger teams than basketball players, and made it work time and time again. Love him or hate him, you have to acknowledge him as the GOAT in football, and definitely on the Mt Rushmore of GOAT in any team sport.

Comment

We've been "Favre'd."
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Tom Brady Sr. told KRON4 news that his son is not retiring.
            Father knows best.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Some cursed soul purchased Brady's "final career touchdown ball" at auction for over half a million dollars.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                Some cursed soul purchased Brady's "final career touchdown ball" at auction for over half a million dollars.
                Suckerrrrr! Maybe he can trade it for Mark McGwire's 70th home run ball.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Suckerrrrr! Maybe he can trade it for Mark McGwire's 70th home run ball.
                  Maybe he already owns it?

Comment

Tom Brady announced today that he is "retired for good."

Comment

Great ad from Fanatics for Bowman baseball cards featuring Tom Brady who was drafted by the Montreal Expos in 1995.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Veteran MLB scout John Hughes recalls assessing Brady in 1995 for the Montreal Expos.​

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Lol at Eli Manning trolling Tom Brady about his team losing to the Giants.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

there's a big bounty on that 12/50. Whomever hits that card is going to be quite happy

Comment

Working...
                              X