No announcement yet.

Week 13 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh ok, I was also trying to answer Chance with my post--i think i confused even myself...
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Taysom Hill tore a tendon in his finger and likely needs surgery. Buh bye.
      Hill is an awful QB and looked totally lost on nearly every throw he attempted, tossed FOUR picks, and still got me over 20 points in fantasy, lmao. Up is down, black is white, terrible QBs are great QBs. This is fantasy football!
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        What about the other 2 TB players who also got 3 games?

Three players of color vs the ultimate white dude.

Rodgers was every bit as egregious in his deception as Brown.

The league has a color issue, Gruden was a symptom, the disease is league wide.
        I was only talking about AB. He's been off the rails for several years now.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Absolutely.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            He should be in jail, not on a football field.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

He had to miss 10 games in protocol, that means he was unvaccinated. Otherwise he could have returned after two negative tests.
              I think you meant 10 days - which is true, and both the league and Packers were told by Rodgers what his status was. So, yes, he deceived the press and public, but no, he did not lie to the league or the Packers.

As for the distinction, it it at the very least a preferential treatment issue. Why does he get to use alternative methods? Does anyone else?
              He didn't. Anyone could apply for an alternative method exemption; like Rodgers, they'd likely be denied.

It might not be color in this instance but until the league starts forcing racist owners to sell their teams I'll always look at the color issue when inequitable treatment is in play.
              Absolutely, it's a fair challenge to make. And I agree Rodgers should have received a harsher sentence - say, a game suspension and check. But he didn't submit false vax credentials to the league, which is a major difference, so I do think the harsher sentence of three games is pretty reasonable for those who did.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                I think you meant 10 days - which is true, and both the league and Packers were told by Rodgers what his status was. So, yes, he deceived the press and public, but no, he did not lie to the league or the Packers.

He didn't. Anyone could apply for an alternative method exemption; like Rodgers, they'd likely be denied.

Absolutely, it's a fair challenge to make. And I agree Rodgers should have received a harsher sentence - say, a game suspension and check. But he didn't submit false vax credentials to the league, which is a major difference, so I do think the harsher sentence of three games is pretty reasonable for those who did.
                First, how long has the alternative treatment been an option and why didn't the public know as they would be in the stadiums with these guys (Lambo Leap)

How many in the league were allowed to use alternative treatment, who was not and if not, why was Rodgers approved and they denied?

If Rodgers was denied, why was he allowed to practice or play?

He was indeed playing without being vaccinated so--what's the timeline in all of this.

Seems a bit fishy to me so I'll hold retraction until I hear some stats. Stat :P

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

First, how long has the alternative treatment been an option and why didn't the public know as they would be in the stadiums with these guys (Lambo Leap)

How many in the league were allowed to use alternative treatment, who was not and if not, why was Rodgers approved and they denied?

If Rodgers was denied, why was he allowed to practice or play?

He was indeed playing without being vaccinated so--what's the timeline in all of this.

Seems a bit fishy to me so I'll hold retraction until I hear some stats. Stat :P
                  Anyone could submit an application for an alternative treatment to see if the league would approve it from the point the NFLPA and the league agreed on the protocol. Rodgers did, and was denied. I suspect most didn't bother since they expected the same outcome Rodgers had. It's possible others have applied. But anyone could have applied.

Rodgers has not been doing the Leap - in fact, the closest he's come to a crowd was at the Bears game. And while factually informing the Bears fans that he does, indeed, own them may have caused severe psychological harm, he was assuredly far enough away to not put them at risk for COVID.

Any player can play or practice, even if not vaxxed. There's still a lot of known anti-vaxxers out there - Cole Beasley, Kirk Cousins, and DeAndre Hopkins all come immediately to mind, but there's a lot more. There's just different, much stricter protocols for those players. Which Rodgers violated repeatedly, which resulted in his fine.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Which Rodgers violated repeatedly, which resulted in his fine.
                    The strange thing to me, why did the fine only occur after the public found out?

I understand your point that Rodgers was honest with the league even while he deceived the public.

But in that case, shouldn't he have been fined all along? And not just when his lie was made clear publicly?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      The strange thing to me, why did the fine only occur after the public found out?

I understand your point that Rodgers was honest with the league even while he deceived the public.

But in that case, shouldn't he have been fined all along? And not just when his lie was made clear publicly?
                      Maybe they hoped the public would never find out and that was more important than actual health policy ? Are there any other explanations that make sense ?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Absolutely. And I agree he should have received a stiffer penalty than he did.

But not the same severity as forged/fake vax cards AND not being vaccinated.

Comment

Cooper Kupp has 100 catches for 1,366 yards and 11 TDs.

With 5 games to go!

Comment

qb's are less of a liability than before much more prepared now. and if it doesn't translate, then it's the team now. an opposite truth it is.

Comment

our saviors. the quarterback. the floor is much higher.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a worse playcalling game than with the Bills last night.

Shortly into the game, everyone watching knew the Pats were not going to throw the ball. That got settled pretty quickly. Yet, Buffalo seemed perplexed as to what NE would do, and they had no answer to stop it. Only in the FOURTH quarter did Buffalo send in their safety to help stop the run, but by then, it was too late.

Then on the other side of the ball, they kept handing it off (which was what NE was doing), except the Bills' RBs are a couple of notches below that of NE's and they couldn't do anything. One had to wonder how McDermott forgot his best RB was actually his QB -- who had all of three run attempts in the first half. Allen's running ability is 10x that of either Singletary, Moss or Breida, but they kept him wrapped up. Instead, even with his arm strength, even Allen couldn't pass the ball, as it sailed all over the place. You would think if they were going to do passes, they would be bubble screens or quick slants, but they constantly ran outside posts, and Allen couldn't control the ball at all.

It's kind of hard to believe the guy who handed off 98% of his plays called a better game.

Comment

Working...
                                X