• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k22: Keston Hiura

dafuq happened here?!?

Originally posted by revo View Post
    dafuq happened here?!?
    His 2019 stats had a lot of illusion behind them - almost a .400 BABIP between AAA and MLB that year, but his surface numbers were incredible. Yeah, he had a great hit tool coming out of the minors, but not THAT good. It almost seemed like a death spiral in 2020 continuing through 2021, where he seemed to get more and more pull happy, so he hit worse and worse against shifts AND missed more balls, with a K rate that went from bad to really, really bad. Compound that with his fielding woes, and an ill-advised move to 1B by the Brewers, and everything cratered.

Rumor has it he'll play in the OF during the winter and AAA ball next year while working on contact issues, with the goal of him coming back as a super-utility player.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      dafuq happened here?!?
      Never to be drafted again. Amazing I was able to overcome a minus bat and total waste of $18. Lesson learned.

Comment

While it doesn't speak towards anything pre last season, but his mom was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma in April. She was reported to be in remission in September. Everyone deals with this sort of thing differently, I'm not pulling the plug just yet.
        Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Working...
        X