Thanksgiving Meal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Meal?

It has been 2 years since we have been able to attend the Family Thanksgiving at my Sister's house. We are very much looking forward to it. We will have a traditional meal.

The Menu

Turkey and dressing
    Homemade rolls with butter
    Mashed Potatoes and gravy
    Corn
    Cauliflower and Peas in a cream sauce
    Pumpkin Pie
    Pecan Pie

My good friend told me they are going with Steak and Shrimp.

How about you?

Flying to the coast tonight for a traditional Thanksgiving with my inlaws tomorrow - Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, the normal stuff.

Comment

I have a vegetarian and a non-turkey fan in my family. So making salmon and buying some turkey roast, not a whole bird. Trying to decide if I want to venture to Costco for a pumpkin pie
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I have a vegetarian and a non-turkey fan in my family. So making salmon and buying some turkey roast, not a whole bird. Trying to decide if I want to venture to Costco for a pumpkin pie
        Ah, there is no more delicious vegetable than salmon.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

We will be eating all the regular stuff plus tamales and red chile. If you haven't made a swamp meal out of mashed potatoes, gravy, and red chile all mixed together, you haven't really lived.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Ah, there is no more delicious vegetable than salmon.
            Very true, has a nice almost meatlike texture
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Comment

Very true, has a nice almost meatlike texture
                I don't know whether to believe you or not, that description sounds fishy.

Comment

a non-turkey fan
                  Isn't most of thanksgiving non-Turkey (other than the Turkey part)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    I don't know whether to believe you or not, that description sounds fishy.
                    Are u accusing me of telling tails?
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Isn't most of thanksgiving non-Turkey (other than the Turkey part)
                      That is hard to disagree with
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Are u accusing me of telling tails?
                        Yes.

But I have no FISHICAL evidence.

Comment

Pretty much the usual turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole. My wife makes a really good corn casserole as well and I'm not really a green bean fan, but apparently her green bean casserole is quite delicious. I've now said casserole so many times, the word has lost all meaning.

It's the first Thanksgiving without my mother in law and that was my wife's favorite holiday with her, so I'm sure this will be an emotional day for her. She's going to channel those emotions into hours and hours of cooking while I help by monitoring what is happening on TV to make sure nothing has an impact on her cooking. I'm really a gem.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            Pretty much the usual turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole. My wife makes a really good corn casserole as well and I'm not really a green bean fan, but apparently her green bean casserole is quite delicious. I've now said casserole so many times, the word has lost all meaning.

It's the first Thanksgiving without my mother in law and that was my wife's favorite holiday with her, so I'm sure this will be an emotional day for her. She's going to channel those emotions into hours and hours of cooking while I help by monitoring what is happening on TV to make sure nothing has an impact on her cooking. I'm really a gem.
                            My kids told they won't eat anything that contains the word "casserole".
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My kids told they won't eat anything that contains the word "casserole".
                              Good thing they'll have that delicious vegan salmon.

Comment

Working...
                              X