World Cup 2022 - qualifier round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup 2022 - qualifier round

big news up here today, after 8 games of the 14 game CONCACAF qualifier tournament, your first place team is ... CANADA!!! We haven't been to a World Cup since 1986, but this is an interesting mix of quality players ... who yesterday managed to defeat MEXICO! in the snow, in Edmonton, in November. It was great.

And for anyone who says that conditions were unfair because of the cold, we point to a qualifier game 4 years ago that Canada played in Honduras where the temp was 45 or something ridiculous (we lost that game 7-1).

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

I watched, entertaining and chippy game. It's great to see Canada be competitive after so long in the wilderness. I attended both US Ohio qualifiers in Columbus and Cincinnati the past few weeks.

Comment

You have a really special player in Davies
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        You have a really special player in Davies
        In case you haven't seen Davies game winning goal for us against Panama last month ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I just read that the US is hosting Honduras in the next round on Feb 2 in ... hmmm, where will the worst possible conditions be then ... got it, St. Paul, Minnesota!

I guess the stadium in Anchorage was booked then. Actually it will probably be colder in Minnesota.

Comment

That’s madness.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
            X