Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CBA '21-'22 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    5 weeks is about the time Pitchers and Catchers report. Why not just make it Feb 1st?

This is a stupid dance!
    Yes it is. Everyone knows no meaningful negotiations will happen between them until the first couple of weeks of February.

My prediction: these two groups of buffoons will drag this out until the first week of March, jeopardizing spring training and the start of the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Yes it is. Everyone knows no meaningful negotiations will happen between them until the first couple of weeks of February.

My prediction: these two groups of buffoons will drag this out until the first week of March, jeopardizing spring training and the start of the regular season.
    This will be helpful for future posts in this threat revo:
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/idiot

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post

I'm going to defend the players union, at least a little bit, here. At least they're coming to the table with stuff that helps younger players and players who are more the lower quartile. The stuff they're coming forth with now is stuff, admittedly, they should have started a couple negotiations ago, but overall, it's pretty good stuff.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Hall of Famer
    Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan
    Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association plan to hold a bargaining session Thursday, sources tell ESPN. MLB is expected to make a core-economics proposal at the session, which would be the first between the sides since the league locked out the players on Dec. 2.
    10:15 AM Jan 11, 2022

"Spring Training starting on time is in peril" writes Jeff Passan. Because of course.

Journeyman
    "MLB remans dead set against lowering free agency from 6 years to 5. Part of the concern stems from the history of the big stars jumping from smaller markets to big markets when they hit free agency and belief this would hurt competitive balance." - Jon Heyman

Sure, just like Corey Seager jumping from small market, last place team Los Angeles Dodgers to big market, first place team Texas Rangers.

MLB ownership is the worst. I hope the players and the MLBPA whip up on them.
    I think the tragedy is that we have a Congress with a Senate that has a minority of misguided senators who will use the filibuster to keep the majority of people from even voting. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    "MLB remans dead set against lowering free agency from 6 years to 5. Part of the concern stems from the history of the big stars jumping from smaller markets to big markets when they hit free agency and belief this would hurt competitive balance." - Jon Heyman

Sure, just like Corey Seager jumping from small market, last place team Los Angeles Dodgers to big market, first place team Texas Rangers.

MLB ownership is the worst. I hope the players and the MLBPA whip up on them.
    As a fan, I want the average players to get paid more, but at the same time I hate the idea of losing another year. We get invested in home grown talent and it already feels like they leave too early!