No announcement yet.

CBA '21-'22 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The two groups of idiots met today for the first time in a week. The meeting lasted all of FIFTEEN MINUTES. Yes, with a supposed deadline or 2/28 to come up with a deal to start everything on time, they met for 15 minutes. Unbelievable.

Comment

According to Evan Drellich of the Athletic, the owners are unwilling to budge at all on the issue of qualifying more players for early salary arbitration.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Player Association are planning "multiple" bargaining sessions in the coming days.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          The two groups of idiots met today for the first time in a week. The meeting lasted all of FIFTEEN MINS. Yes, with a supposed deadline or 2/28 to come up with a deal to start everything on time, they met for 15 minutes. Unbelievable.
          I find it amazing that these guys were able to meet and give each other the middle finger for 15 minutes.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

The two groups of idiots met today for the first time in a week. The meeting lasted all of FIFTEEN MINUTES. Yes, with a supposed deadline or 2/28 to come up with a deal to start everything on time, they met for 15 minutes. Unbelievable.
            Two groups of idiots as in the owners and their lawyers?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              Two groups of idiots as in the owners and their lawyers?
              Or maybe he meant the owners and Manfred?
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

And here weeee gooooo:

In light of the ongoing labor strife in Major League Baseball, the league has officially announced that the spring training schedule has been postponed until March 5 at the earliest. Here's the official statement from MLB:

We regret that, without a collective bargaining agreement in place, we must postpone the start of Spring Training games until no earlier than Saturday, March 5th. All 30 Clubs are unified in their strong desire to bring players back to the field and fans back to the stands. The Clubs have adopted a uniform policy that provides an option for full refunds for fans who have purchased tickets from the Clubs to any Spring Training games that are not taking place.We are committed to reaching an agreement that is fair to each side. On Monday, members of the owners' bargaining committee will join an in-person meeting with the Players Association and remain every day next week to negotiate and work hard towards starting the season on time.

Comment

And here weeee gooooo:

In light of the ongoing labor strife in Major League Baseball, the league has officially announced that the spring training schedule has been postponed until March 5 at the earliest. Here's the official statement from MLB:

We regret that, without a collective bargaining agreement in place, we must postpone the start of Spring Training games until no earlier than Saturday, March 5th. All 30 Clubs are unified in their strong desire to bring players back to the field and fans back to the stands. The Clubs have adopted a uniform policy that provides an option for full refunds for fans who have purchased tickets from the Clubs to any Spring Training games that are not taking place.We are committed to reaching an agreement that is fair to each side. On Monday, members of the owners' bargaining committee will join an in-person meeting with the Players Association and remain every day next week to negotiate and work hard towards starting the season on time.
                  https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...ed-for-monday/
                  More lies from the owners, as per the norm.

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

The owners always sound like abusers: look what you made me do!

Comment

• Owners locked out the players…owners paused off-season transactions…owners began cancelling spring training games. Does anyone not see a recurring theme here?
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        According to Evan Drellich of the Athletic, the owners are unwilling to budge at all on the issue of qualifying more players for early salary arbitration.
                        So much for negotiation…

They don’t want to pay older players…they don’t want to pay younger players. They have to pay the big impact stars that reach free agency but other than that, the owners want to pocket ALL the profits.
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                          Owners locked out the players…owners paused off-season transactions…owners began cancelling spring training games. Does anyone not see a recurring theme here?
                          Johnny Dickshot isn't the sharpest tool in the shed....but I think it's owners
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Wow, a 5-hour meeting today!

The reason I think they could come to an agreement soon is because they’re already on the same page re: framework. This isn’t like 1994, when one side demanded something and the other side demanded something else. Now, the framework is in place — just the dollars and details have to be worked out.

Of course, I thought this is ‘20 a s look where that got us.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Wow, a 5-hour meeting today!

The reason I think they could come to an agreement soon is because they’re already on the same page re: framework. This isn’t like 1994, when one side demanded something and the other side demanded something else. Now, the framework is in place — just the dollars and details have to be worked out.

Of course, I thought this is ‘20 a s look where that got us.
                              I think it is definitely great that they are finally taking things seriously and actually meeting for more than a few minutes. And you are right that they are at least speaking the same language and agree on the basic framework on most things. But they are still really far apart on the numbers, so I think there is still a ways to go. I hope I am wrong. I'd really love for them to announce this is done this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                I think it is definitely great that they are finally taking things seriously and actually meeting for more than a few minutes. And you are right that they are at least speaking the same language and agree on the basic framework on most things. But they are still really far apart on the numbers, so I think there is still a ways to go. I hope I am wrong. I'd really love for them to announce this is done this week.
                                You know these idiots won’t do that. It will get to their Feb 28 deadline, go over by a few days as everyone declares it the end of times, and then they’ll agree to something around March 5th — delaying the season start by a week. That’s my prediction, you heard it here first.

Comment

Working...
                                X