No announcement yet.

CBA '21-'22 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I stand with the majority on most cba issues…still it is pretty interesting. Take the poll!

Comment

the surprise there (to me) was how much support there is for a NL DH
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        the surprise there (to me) was how much support there is for a NL DH
        I was a bit surprised by that as well.

Comment

There was supposed to be scheduled discussions in January and zzzz.zzzzzz….zzzzzzzz

Comment

In a staring contest, the first to blink loses.

When it starts to cut into training camp we might see something.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I think this is going to get ugly.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                When it starts to cut into training camp we might see something.

J
                Yes, that's probably accurate. But if they first start serious negotiations in early February, then we will certainly see spring training games eliminated and possibly the season pushed back or games lost. And again, this will be fully on Manfred.

As of right now, it's hard not to look at spring training and think a 2nd one in 3 years won't be decimated.

Comment

These two groups of idiots will hold their first bargaining session in 5 weeks on Thursday. Hopefully it will last longer than 7 minutes.

Comment

my guess is that it will likely be a ridiculous proposal that will inspire standing up & walking out of the room ... but it's part of the dance so I guess it's good to get this out of the way as soon as possible
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      my guess is that it will likely be a ridiculous proposal that will inspire standing up & walking out of the room ... but it's part of the dance so I guess it's good to get this out of the way as soon as possible
                      5 weeks is about the time Pitchers and Catchers report. Why not just make it Feb 1st?

This is a stupid dance!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        5 weeks is about the time Pitchers and Catchers report. Why not just make it Feb 1st?

This is a stupid dance!
                        Yes it is. Everyone knows no meaningful negotiations will happen between them until the first couple of weeks of February.

My prediction: these two groups of buffoons will drag this out until the first week of March, jeopardizing spring training and the start of the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Yes it is. Everyone knows no meaningful negotiations will happen between them until the first couple of weeks of February.

My prediction: these two groups of buffoons will drag this out until the first week of March, jeopardizing spring training and the start of the regular season.
                          This will be helpful for future posts in this threat revo:
                          Synonyms for IDIOT: moron, stupid, dummy, lunatic, prat, loser, imbecile, fool; Antonyms of IDIOT: genius, brain, intellect, thinker, sage, intellectual, wizard, whiz

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

I'm going to defend the players union, at least a little bit, here. At least they're coming to the table with stuff that helps younger players and players who are more the lower quartile. The stuff they're coming forth with now is stuff, admittedly, they should have started a couple negotiations ago, but overall, it's pretty good stuff.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Jeff Passan
                              @JeffPassan
                              Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association plan to hold a bargaining session Thursday, sources tell ESPN. MLB is expected to make a core-economics proposal at the session, which would be the first between the sides since the league locked out the players on Dec. 2.
                              10:15 AM · Jan 11, 2022

Comment

"Spring Training starting on time is in peril" writes Jeff Passan. Because of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X