No announcement yet.

CBA '21-'22 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owners and Players- DO NOT KILL THE GOLDEN GOOSE!!

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred:

"This defensive lockout was necessary because the Players Association’s vision for Major League Baseball would threaten the ability of most teams to be competitive. It’s simply not a viable option. From the beginning, the MLBPA has been unwilling to move from their starting position, compromise, or collaborate on solutions."
      God, I hate this guy. Screw the owners, too.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Owners and Players- DO NOT KILL THE GOLDEN GOOSE!!
        I'm pretty much lined up with Bene on this one - this one's almost all on the owners. They've behaved in bad faith on arbitration, COVID-19 pay and scheduling. They want to be compensated for their poor financial management leading into 2020; moreover, their lack of fiscal transparency pretty much reinforces my belief that their losses were nowhere near as biblical as they'd like us proles to believe.

Until the owners provide some real resolution to fix their bad behavior toward young players, I hope the union lets them stew...and take biblical losses again this year, if necessary.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

As a fan I absolutely hate this. Billionaire owners and millionaire players. How bad can this be? Agree with Gregg - DO NOT KILL THE GOLDEN GOOSE. Wake me up when this is over.

Comment

There’s an article on MLB Trade Rumors that addresses the DFA issue — those players are indeed in limbo, frozen like Han Solo in carbonite. They’re not on a 40-man roster but technically still in the organization even though they may be in the outs, but they’re not free agents either.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

Funny that MLB.com is also affected, and they can't publish any stories regarding current major leaguers. LOLOLOL. So if you want to read a story regarding that hot player in the news, Minnie Minoso, that's your place to go.
              And all the player photos on mlb.com now have silhouettes in place of pictures...lol

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                And all the player photos on mlb.com now have silhouettes in place of pictures...lol
                What about MLB Network? I tuned in today for a little bit, they interviewed Costas about the lockout, then discussed Hall of Fame prospects. I assume they’re under the same moratorium?

Comment

What about MLB Network? I tuned in today for a little bit, they interviewed Costas about the lockout, then discussed Hall of Fame prospects. I assume they’re under the same moratorium?
                  MLB Network and MLB Network Radio are affiliated partners and have no control over programming.

The licensing fees are the issue with the web site as there is a connection between the players and owners/management.
                  Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    And now a bunch of players changed their twitter picture to a silhouette to troll the owners

Comment

Something I learned in a mediation course a long time ago - as long as one side is more interested in "winning" than in resolving the conflict, no resolution is possible. I'm guessing that this will go well into Spring Training before that happens.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Just curious , does anyone know how the yankees were able to sign a free agent in the midst of this lockout?
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          Just curious , does anyone know how the yankees were able to sign a free agent in the midst of this lockout?
                          Are you referring to Inciarte? If so, only players currently in the MLBPA are affected by the lockout, not minor leaguers (i.e. those not being added to the 40-man roster). So those players can be signed to minor league contracts and even be traded.

Comment

Are you referring to Inciarte? If so, only players currently in the MLBPA are affected by the lockout, not minor leaguers (i.e. those not being added to the 40-man roster). So those players can be signed to minor league contracts and even be traded.
                            What about players from other countries?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              What about players from other countries?
                              All MLB business is on hold. Someone like Seiya Suzuki cannot sign during the lockout, but the one month period in which he can be signed gets put on home, thus will not expire on December 22. Teams will have 21 or so days to sign Suzuki once the CBA is ratified.
                              Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

thanks, yeah I was wondering about Inciarte

Comment

Working...
                                X