• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 World Series: Houston Astros vs Atlanta Braves

congrats to KS on making the WS!

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Absolutely - it'll be an exciting Series for sure! Good luck!
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

How many teams have made it to the world series without their best player? I'm struggling to remember any.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        How many teams have made it to the world series without their best player? I'm struggling to remember any.
        Cleveland lost Carlos Carrasco in late September in 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          Cleveland lost Carlos Carrasco in late September in 2016
          Might count, Kluber/Lindor/Ramirez were also vying for Cleveland's best that year.

Comment

Carrasco was a double whammy because Salazar also went down, but was able to come back briefly in the postseason

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Thank you, sir!
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                Thank you, sir!
                Not to mention the revenge aspect going on here...

Comment

Charlie Morton breaks his leg after getting hit there with a ground ball and pitching 2.1 scoreless innings in game 1. That really sucks.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Not only did he break his leg, he pitched another 16 pitches on that broken leg and struck out Altuve with his last pitch. Macho effort, worthy of Braves lore.
                    Last edited by Bene Futuis; 10-27-2021, 12:15 AM.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Not only did he break his leg, he pitched another 16 pitches on that broken leg and struck out Altuve with his last pitch. Macho effort, worthy of Braves lore.
                      Absolutely amazing.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I loved Snitker's reaction, basically saying after the game to not get too carried away, there's no guarantee that it broke on contact, it may have just broken after those extra pitches from the stress ... yeah, thanks coach ...
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

He is a tough dude and this is a big loss for the Braves, but they are up 1-0, with just three more to go to a championship. I wondered if Morton might walk after this year if he managed to win it all. I wonder if this injury makes it more or less likely. IDK. But if they win, he can certainly feel he earned it and was a huge part of this team's success this year.

He is another link between these two teams, adding to the drama of the series. He was great for the Astros and great for the Braves. I think he could be great again next year, but I wonder if the high of winning coupled with the injury and daunting task of rehab edges him toward retirement.

Comment

Before we all get too carried away with the kudos for Morton, remember he was a member of the Trashtros. He did exhibit contrition, which I guess matters somehow, but he's another asterisk to me. Maybe asterisk-lite with a special badge for toughness.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Before we all get too carried away with the kudos for Morton, remember he was a member of the Trashtros. He did exhibit contrition, which I guess matters somehow, but he's another asterisk to me. Maybe asterisk-lite with a special badge for toughness.
                              Bad guys are often tough guys.

Either way he struck out two professional baseball players dealing with a broken leg. Definitely gest a special badge for toughness.

Comment

Working...
                              X