2021 World Series: Houston Astros vs Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 hour game last might. Yawn.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I have yet to watch a single second of either game so far. I can't ever remember missing this much of any World Series but between life, work, and still sulking from how TB's season ended, I just don't have it in me to invest the time needed to consume these games.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Bad guys are often tough guys.

Either way he struck out two professional baseball players dealing with a broken leg. Definitely gest a special badge for toughness.
        Morton needed surgery to repair the broken leg?!! Wow!

Comment

Morton is the farthest thing from a bad guy in the whole sport.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I am glad to see it raining on other people and not me for a change. Good game tonight.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Astros no hit through 7

Comment

Broken up in the 8th by a bloop single by Diaz.

Comment

Soler just knocked a satellite out of orbit I think.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Congrats to the Braves! First time they've won multiple championships in 1 city. Had the worst W/L record of any playoff team, so it shows once again that if you make the playoffs, you have a reasonable shot at a title no matter what your regular season was like. And they did it w/o their best player!

Comment

KS with 2 rings. Wow. Cannot imagine that feeling. Congratulations!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Indeed, congrats KS!
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Yep, big congrats!
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Congratulations KS!
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you, sir!
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                Indeed, congrats KS!
                                Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X