Trade Advise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Advise...

Looking for some feedback on a potential deal in a points league. H-H weekly scoring, pretty common format. I have plenty of offense, Vladdy Jr. Semien, Eloy, Buxton, Ohtani, Polanco, and Acuna...

Short on pitching, as those familiar with points league know is king in scoring. So I'm looking to deal Acuna...I have 2 potential offers.

Barrios, Webb, Franmil Reyes and Jarren Duran for Acuna and Grayson Rodriguez.

2nd one is Burnes, E-Rod, and George Kirby for Acuna.

Which deal do you like better? TIA!
    Barrios, Webb, Reyes, and Jarren Duran.
    0%
    Corbin Burnes, E-Rod, and George Kirby.
    0%

The poll is expired.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Wow, really close for me. I lean toward offer 1, much as I like Burnes. But offer 2 is solid, too.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd go with number 2. Hard for me to fully buy into Webb, though he does look good. But even if he is 100% real, Burnes is a true ace. ERod is solid and I think Kirby will be too. And you don't have to give Grayson in that deal, which is what really puts it over the top for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I'd go with number 2. Hard for me to fully buy into Webb, though he does look good. But even if he is 100% real, Burnes is a true ace. ERod is solid and I think Kirby will be too. And you don't have to give Grayson in that deal, which is what really puts it over the top for me.
        I'd like Grayson a lot more on another team. The combination of AL East hitting with Baltimore's hitter friendly park is turning them into the AL version of Coors.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I'd like Grayson a lot more on another team. The combination of AL East hitting with Baltimore's hitter friendly park is turning them into the AL version of Coors.
          No doubt. I traded Grayson a couple of years ago for that reason. I have a strong bias against Balt arms, but Grayson looks really, really good, and while I would trade him before he comes up, I gotta figure he has more value than Duran to someone (maybe not if everyone in the league is as down on Balt arms as I am). Heck, if he were a Dodger, I think he'd be the #1 prospect in baseball. Not saying he is a deal breaker, but even on Balt, he has enough value that I'd prefer to land Burnes and keep him. But it also has to do with my relative trust in all of the players involved. But I do agree, it is close. It comes down to preferences.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-25-2021, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help gents. I ended up pulling the trigger on the Burnes deal, mainly because he's a possible top of the rotation guy for another 5 seasons, or perhaps more. Of course, he can also get injured and miss 2 years, but that the chance you take. E-Rod is a high K guy who's still surprisingly young, and coming off some major medical issues that he put behind him last season.

Getting Kirby is a major plus, so is NOT giving up Rodriguez. Two really nice up and coming guys at the high levels of the minors.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Thanks for the help gents. I ended up pulling the trigger on the Burnes deal, mainly because he's a possible top of the rotation guy for another 5 seasons, or perhaps more. Of course, he can also get injured and miss 2 years, but that the chance you take. E-Rod is a high K guy who's still surprisingly young, and coming off some major medical issues that he put behind him last season.

Getting Kirby is a major plus, so is NOT giving up Rodriguez. Two really nice up and coming guys at the high levels of the minors.
              I think you made the right call for the reasons you give. Trading Acuna had to hurt, but give where you were at, I think it made sense and you got a solid return for him. I feel you have to get a true ace if you are dealing Acuna and you got one in Burnes.

Comment

Working...
              X