Keeper Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Help

AL Only, 10-team, 5x5, SLG/OBP instead of HR/BA, pitching standard.

Can keep 10 total

Hitters: Mountcastle 10, Schwarber 10, AHays 9, Kelenic 5, JD Martinez 14, Torkelson 5, Brujan 10
    Pitchers: Cobb 1, Baz 10, Sale 11, Severino 11, KGiles 3, Lynch 3, Pivetta 3
    I'm just here for the baseball.

I'd go:

Hitters: Mountcastle 10, Schwarber 10, AHays 9, Kelenic 5, JD Martinez 14, Torkelson 5, Brujan 10
    Pitchers: Baz 10, Sale 11, Severino 11

If you want to save some money, Cobb at $1 is probably the safer play over Severino, but I'd go with the upside.

Comment

I 2nd what Masher posted. I don't know if Cobb will repeat his success and he in his mid 30s but $1 is cheap enough. Also keep an eye on Giles and Lynch assuming you do not have to turn in your keeper list until sometime during ST.

Comment

Seems like you might need to make some trades. Definitely more than 10 here.

I'd keep Cobb.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

I'd keep Cobb.
          I agree on the need for making trades.

I agree with Sour Masher on the list.

Ken who would you drop to keep Cobb?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I agree on the need for making trades.

I agree with Sour Masher on the list.

Ken who would you drop to keep Cobb?
            Not sure, maybe Hays, although I'd prefer finding a 2 for 1 trade to open up a hole.

Comment

I'd keep Cobb.
              I'm hoping to, but may run up against a deadline at the end of the month for a new owner draft.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post

Can keep 10 total

Pivetta, Cobb, Sale, Baz, Mountcastle, Schwarber, Kelenic, Martinez, Hayes, Brujan

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Pivetta, Cobb, Sale, Baz, Mountcastle, Schwarber, Kelenic, Martinez, Hayes, Brujan
                  Wow, Pivetta over Tork. That is a surprise.

Comment

I'd certainly keep Tork for sure...Brujan is the question mark for me.

And I'd probably take a flyer on Giles at 3.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post

Can keep 10 total

Bolded my 10. Really tough to pass on Brujan but I'm nervous about his hit tool. Obviously super high SB ceiling and I'm guessing there aren't a ton of SBs floating around in an only league so definitely would not fault you for wanting to keep him. Perhaps a good time to try to trade a keeper or two for a minors pick or the oft-suggested, rarely realistic two-for-one deal. Any or all of your pitchers could pull a nice return, I'd wager. Does any team have a really stellar keeper you could try and make a massive offer for? Vlad/Ohtani/Bichette/Wander/etc?
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        Bolded my 10. Really tough to pass on Brujan but I'm nervous about his hit tool. Obviously super high SB ceiling and I'm guessing there aren't a ton of SBs floating around in an only league so definitely would not fault you for wanting to keep him. Perhaps a good time to try to trade a keeper or two for a minors pick or the oft-suggested, rarely realistic two-for-one deal. Any or all of your pitchers could pull a nice return, I'd wager. Does any team have a really stellar keeper you could try and make a massive offer for? Vlad/Ohtani/Bichette/Wander/etc?
                        There's a handful of possibilities, though a lot of the high-end hitting talent like Vlad, Bichette, Judge, Semien, Cruz, Jimenez, JRamirez, and Sal Perez are all on expiring contracts and going back into the auction. Ohtani is on the team that's leaving the league, so he won't be available until after our new team draft. The three best possibilities are Mullins 8, Arozarena 15, and Haniger 10. Mullins is the guy I'd really like, but that owner is the most notoriously difficult to deal with in our league. Haniger's owner is a guy I've made deals with in the past, and the Arozarena owner is a guy who deals a lot. I'm probably going to start with a package of Brujan, Cobb, and KGiles to all of them and see what happens.

Comment

Thanks to all for the help - I may be able to get a $1 Framber for some combination of Cobb/Lynch/Pivetta and a lower round reserve pick upgrade.

Comment

It's hard for me to rationalize keeping a closer when compared to a solid list of keepers. Especially an injured closer who has only pitched 3 innings in the last 2 years. If I had an extra spot sure, but with a solid list like this - hard pass on Giles.

Comment

It's hard for me to rationalize keeping a closer when compared to a solid list of keepers. Especially an injured closer who has only pitched 3 innings in the last 2 years. If I had an extra spot sure, but with a solid list like this - hard pass on Giles.
                              It is not hard for me to rationalize keeping a closer, but it has to be the right closer at the right price. I agree with Ken that given your excellent keeper list Giles is not that closer.

You have enough cheap players you can buy the closers you need at auction.

Heck maybe you look at who is the best value closer on a roster and make your two for ones with that owner?

Comment

Working...
                              X