Week 6 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 Thread

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Chiefs have "looked into" Colts RB Marlon Mack ahead of the NFL's November 2 trade deadline.

Mack is reportedly on the trading block and Kansas City is needy in the backfield with Clyde Edwards-Helaire (MCL sprain) sidelined for at least a few weeks. Mack impressed in limited duty Monday night against Baltimore, gaining 47 yards on five rushes and catching a pass for seven yards, appearing explosive on a few runs a year after tearing his Achilles. Mack could instantly become the Chiefs' No. 1 running back once he's acclimated with the team's playbook, as CEH has done nothing to show he's an every-down NFL back. Fantasy managers in need of running back help should pick up Mack as soon as possible on the chance KC makes a deal with the Colts in the next few weeks.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Buccaneers TE Rob Gronkowski out (again).
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Broncos sign WR John Brown.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Steelers sign WR Anthony Miller who was a Bears 2nd round pick in 2018.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Week 6. Damien Williams is now on the team’s reserve/COVID-19 list.

Williams’ Thursday placement on the coronavirus list will make him playing against the Packers on Sunday a difficult task. Vaccinated players can return after a positive test if they receive two negative tests 24 hours apart. Unvaccinated players who test positive are shut down for 10 days. Only unvaccinated players can be classified as high-risk close contacts, which require five days away from a team.

Williams expressed hesitation on being vaccinated in June, but his October vaccination status is unclear.

Comment

Zach Ertz traded to Arizona for a 5th rd pick

McCaffrey out
            Nick Chubb out

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Week 6. Damien Williams is now on the team’s reserve/COVID-19 list.

Williams’ Thursday placement on the coronavirus list will make him playing against the Packers on Sunday a difficult task. Vaccinated players can return after a positive test if they receive two negative tests 24 hours apart. Unvaccinated players who test positive are shut down for 10 days. Only unvaccinated players can be classified as high-risk close contacts, which require five days away from a team.

Williams expressed hesitation on being vaccinated in June, but his October vaccination status is unclear.
              Who's next in line? I'm assuming Herbert, but if it's Nall, I might go snag him.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Who's next in line? I'm assuming Herbert, but if it's Nall, I might go snag him.
                Should be Herbert, he out-carried Williams last week.

Chris Carson out.

Comment

Russell Wilson to be placed on IR (not surprising, but there were reports he was practicing yesterday)

Comment

Chris Carson also placed on IR, so he’s out until Week 10 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Should be Herbert, he out-carried Williams last week.

Chris Carson out.
                      It is Herbert. It will be interesting to see if he catches any passes.

I wonder if the Bears will stick to the ground game and short passes or if they will try to exploit the Packer's Corners (not healthy).

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        It is Herbert. It will be interesting to see if he catches any passes.

I wonder if the Bears will stick to the ground game and short passes or if they will try to exploit the Packer's Corners (not healthy).
                        Herbert looked pretty good. He's explosive, has decent hands, made good reads for someone who hadn't played. He doesn't have the power of the other Bears backs, but I could see Herbert filling a Tarik Cohen role really well.

Per the game, Aaron Rodgers just made up with Packers fans en masse by trolling Bears fans in the corner of the end zone. And, yes, he does own the Bears.

P.S. As it turns out, I know the guy who went into the Bears Wikipedia team page and changed Team Owner to "Aaron Rodgers".
                        Last edited by chancellor; 10-17-2021, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Other thoughts from Sunday:

- By all accounts, Urban Meyer screws up, embarrasses himself and the Jags franchise, and will presumably have lost the locker room. The Jags then travel to London and play their guts out for their first win. Sith Lord of Motivation he is.
                          - If the Dolphins want to win...well, there's lots to do. Probably starting at QB.
                          - Jaylon Smith has an interesting combination of great athletic ability with awful football instincts.
                          - I feel really badly for revo. The Giants are brutally bad. Daniel Jones is a seriously tough dude; he's taking a beating every single week.
                          - Arizona is just steamrolling right now. And they've just clobbered some good teams - dominating Tennessee, Cleveland, and the Rams. Head coach unavailable for the game, no problem, they just crushed Cleveland. And the Browns defense is pretty good. The game in a week and a half against the Packers will be a big one, and I think the Cards are going to simply torch my Packers. Hope I'm wrong, but we won't be able to get away with a makeshift secondary against the Cards.
                          - The Dallas-NE fourth quarter was about as insane as a quarter as I've ever seen.
                          - Much as many have given Jerry Jones crap for his GM moves in the past, including me on this board, he's assembled a very talented team over the past three years.
                          - Yeah, the Steelers got out with a win, but when you barely scrape by against an offense led by Geno Smith, that's not good.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            - Jaylon Smith has an interesting combination of great athletic ability with awful football instincts.
                            I'd agree but also add that the permanent damage to his leg has significantly hampered his ability to utilize that athletic ability. He cannot make cuts and changes in directions like the majority of the other players on the field *despite* being more gifted athletically.

Comment

Kareem Hunt out 4-6 weeks with a calf strain

Comment

Working...
                              X